twenty

-

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

Christmas day was always a rush around in the Cash house. It always had been. Well, for Ewan.

The family would always wake early, every year, but especially because they had to be finished with their christmas day by 12- Ewan heading to their dad's house after that.

Their dad had got a new girlfriend- unbeknownst to Annabelle, because when Ewan had come back last time, he forgot all about it, being caught up with Lexi.

Ewan had told me that she's nice, nothing special. Although he did say she gave him ten dollars, which he was overly happy with.

"You know," Ewan started as he packed a backpack ready. He was going to their dads for the rest of Christmas day, following until boxing day. "You can come with me."

"Thanks," Annabelle said with a smile. She was seated at his desk, spinning in his chair. "But no thanks."

Ewan puffed out a small laugh. He tried to get her to go with him every time, and nearly every time he'd receive a similar answer.

"Why?"

"Because he doesn't like me?" She questioned him. "He literally picks a fight with me over nothing, every time he lays eyes on me. Id rather stay home with mom."

"But you know-"

Annabelle cut him off with a shake of her head. "I don't want to Ewan, I wanna stay here." Ewan sighed, nodding and not deciding to take it further. He zipped up his backpack, collecting his charger and toothbrush before heading downstairs to wait.

"Do you have everything?" Judy asked when he placed his bag by the door. He nodded, "and you'll give me a message when you're there and safe?"

"Mom," Ewan huffed. "He's my dad."

"I know, but I just like to know."

Their dad had never been the sweetest towards their mom. He got angry, as most people do, but he never just got angry- he'd become so outraged, and take it out on Judy.

He'd hit, kick, push, shout. And then trick her into forgiving him, until Annabelle had seen one night, to which he'd dragged her out of the room.

That's when Judy had decided he'd crossed the line, quite frankly, and kicked him out.

None of them had every told Ewan, and I don't think anybody actually knows what Ewan thinks happened. But he never talks about it.