forty seven

-

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

"We're meeting by the book store right?" Lexi questioned as the four friends made it to Annabelle's lecture hall. Honey snickered at the mention of the bookstore, it somehow becoming their spot even though herself and Seb had never been inside before meeting them.

Honey nodded regardless, before gasping- stopping Annabelle from entering the room. "I'm really sorry, I forgot to mention- Issac's joining us, after his game."

"Idiot," Seb muttered, elbowing her side. "You made the poor girl panic."

"Sorry An," Honey gave her a smile, blowing her a small kiss when Annabelle shrugged with a quiet laugh.

Annabelle entered the room, somehow being one of the few there- even being a few minutes late. Her eyes wondered to her seat, rolling when they spotted Lorenzo; sure enough seated besides her.

The boy smirked when he noticed her arrival, waving her over. He pulled his rucksack from her seat, dropping it to sit in front of his feet, before patting the spot.

Annabelle dragged herself up the few sets of steps, squeezing herself through the isle before dropping to her seat with a sigh.

"I'm hurt," Enzo scoffed, placing a hand upon his heart mockingly. "I can't believe you forgot our deal."

"I didn't forget," Annabelle answered quickly, pulling out her laptop and notebook. "I just hoped you weren't serious."

"Oh i'm deadly serious," He nodded, waving down at his own laptop. "We're best friends now Annabelle, accept it."

The girl sighed, knocking her head back against her seat. Enzo snickered, shuffling in his seat making himself more comfortable.

"Can you stop moving so much?" Annabelle huffed, turning to face him. "Your jacket is rubbing against the chair and it's annoying."

Lorenzo held his hands up in a mock defence. "I'm just not used to this seat."

"Perfect," she smiled sarcastically. "So go sit back in your normal seat."

He tutted, his tongue running across his bottom lip. The boy turned, clicking his tongue as he turned back to her.

"No can do sweetheart, it's already occupied," Enzo shrugged. "And anyway, I've already stated why I don't wanna sit there."

"The way you feel about her sitting next to you is probably how i'm feeling about having to sit next to you," She told him. Enzo only smiled, pressing the button on his pen a few times, the clicking sound filling the hall. "Have you got an issue or something? Can't be quiet?"

"Cheer up," He told her happily. Enzo patted her arm, "Trust me, we're gonna have a blast."

-

"That definitely was not a blast!" She exclaimed, turning to face him as he followed behind her. Lorenzo chuckled, hands gripping his rucksack.

"It so was."

Annabelle shook her head, "No. I cannot sit with you again."

"Why?" He asked, a gasp leaving his lips. "Come on, it's fun, admit it."

"You're so annoying!" She huffed. Annabelle
turned on her heel again, now heading towards the book store, but Enzo was still close behind her. "Seriously, so distracting."

"Look, i'm sorry," he spoke, his tone now serious. He was walking beside her, looking down. "Seriously. But please don't make me move, you actually helped me a lot, well, with what I did."

She shook her head, a small smile on her face. Annabelle knew she'd be lying if she said she didn't actually enjoy his company. In reality, she found him amusing.

"You need to calm down a bit," she told him, looking up to give him a glance. "I need to be able to focus, id rather stay here."

"No, yeah of course," he nodded quickly. "I didn't realise how important it was to you. I know now."

She smiled when she realised his seriousness, a small smile rising at his own lips. He knocked his elbow into her arm, giving her a teasing shove.

"Why're you still following me?"

"I'm not, i'm coming with you."

"What?"

Enzo snickered again, "to the bookstore. Issac invited me to hang out with you all." He noticed her sigh again. "Don't be too happy!"

"I'm kidding," she told him. "I actually quite like your company."

"I knew it!" Enzo cheered, an arm falling around her shoulders as he pulled her closer. Annabelle let out a laugh, a hand falling against his chest in oder to balance herself. "I told you, I actually told you."

"Don't push it," she laughed, patting his chest. "I'll change my mind."

"Push what?" He asked, letting go of her. "No idea what we're even talking about."

The girl laughed, shaking her head as she entered the book shop, holding the door for him to enter afterwards as the two joined their now joined friends.

-