twenty eight

-

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

Maddy's birthday had flown by, and Annabelle thought she was probably more excited than Maddy herself.

"She's really going through it," Annabelle mumbled from the kitchen. Her and Lexi had offered to take plates away, cleaning up slightly as Maddy began to open her presents.

"Yeah, I don't know what's going on," Lexi agreed. The two watched the girl through the window, downing what was seemed to be her fourth can of liquor that night already.

"I mean, at least she looks cute?" Annabelle shrugged, obsessed with the dress Cassie wore. "Like, pink's definitely her colour."

Lexi nodded, scraping some cake into the trash. Cassie had began drinking even before anyone arrived, and she was beyond tipsy at this point.

"She needs to slow down," Lexi huffed. Cassie dumped the can into the trash, picking out a new one immediately and cracked it open.

"Maybe she's drinking some sadness away."

"But like, what does she have to be sad over?" Lexi hummed. "The fact that she's single?"

"Well I guess when you look at it like that," She spoke slowly, watching the girl. Annabelle thought she looked sad, but then again, whenever she saw Cassie drink she always looked sad.

Suze walked in, glass of wine in her hand. "Any of you snitch to your parents about this, your days at the Howard House are finito burrito."

Maddy ran in happily, toasting her liquor with Suze, "Never that!"

"To my beautiful girls!" Suze cheered, wrapping an arm around Annabelle's neck. She smiled happily, loving how welcome and loved Suze had always made her feel.

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

It hadn't taken long, especially for Annabelle to soon feel drunk. Maddy had brought a speaker- 'this is how we do it' playing through the house.

Suze began dancing around the house, "Oh- I fuckin' love this song!"

"Get it!" Annabelle cheered, the older woman dancing towards her. "Wooo!"

Suze grabbed her hand, twirling Annabelle. She laughed, some of her drink spilling. Annabelle then spun Suze.

"You're my best girl," Suze slurred to the teen, "You make my Lex so happy."