Part 11

When Brooklyn awoke, he saw he was on the high castle-like building. It had quite a view. What an amazing city. The lights were coming on, making the city even more amazing and gorgeous to look at. His wakeup time was three hours after his clan woke up, given the time difference of where he was currently, in Utah.

He went to find his backpack to get his essential nutrition for the first part of tonight. He found it where he had left it. He picked it up and took off from the castle building. Maybe it was a hotel. But he was off to explore this city some more. He just really wanted to have some fun first. It was so big it was worth exploring. He would do his best to not be spotted unless he saw folks getting beat up or something. He wouldn't let that happen.

...............

It had been a week since Brooklyn had come to Salt Lake City. He had been having a real good time here. He made sure to stay out of sight except for when he came down to protect the innocent. Baddies were on the run the instant they saw him, so he didn't have to do much to intimidate other than making his eyes glow and growl.

Brooklyn thought that if he didn't have a clan back home waiting for his return, he would gladly settle down in this city and be its guardian.

During his time in SLC, he had visited movie theaters, attended concerts, gone to museums, gotten the food and liquid drinks he wanted. He had even snuck down once and rode a dude's motorcycle. It had felt good to ride one again. Maybe someday he could have his own again. He hoped so.

It had been over three weeks since Ray and his team had implanted the artificial womb into his body. He had stayed there for another two weeks before Melina helped him to escape. Then he spent a week on the run. Now he had been in SLC for a week.

As fun as SLC had been, Brooklyn knew he had to be moving on if he was going to get home soon. He had just really needed some time to have some fun. He hadn't known the last time he had really had fun, and especially by himself for that matter. He stayed on the highest building or even churches during the day. Some churches he had found here had gargoyles on them too. Sadly, he had found no other living gargoyles here in this city, though it would have been nice. Finding a female was his ultimate dream, other than getting back home.

On his final night in SLC, a short time after Brooklyn had eaten, just before he was ready to set off again to find his way out of the city, he suddenly felt a sharp twinge of nausea in his stomach.

"Oh, I hope I didn't eat too much." Brooklyn declared. He put a hand on his belly and rubbed it. Then he opened up a bottle of water and took a drink. He didn't know how much it would help but it was better than nothing.

The nausea wasn't that bad that he couldn't move on. From the few people that had seen him, they were likely going to start talking soon about a strange red creature here in their city that was likely attacking people. Brooklyn didn't want to get on the news. But then, who would believe crooks of any sort? But then, there was a chance that authorities could believe them since the whole country likely knew about gargoyles being in New York and might worry about them moving into other places like Bigfoot did.

And again, Ray could also be looking for him too. That lit a spark in him that he had to really move on. Of course, even the innocent ones might talk about him too. They had run off screaming or run off silently. None of them had dared talk to him. Brooklyn hated that his looks frightened humans all too easily. Sometimes it wasn't easy as simply protecting the humans for none of the gratitude they returned.

Brooklyn looked at his map and he began following the road out east again after he found it. It was the main highway, but soon it split up. He took the one that headed south on I-15. He had no idea where he was going. Possibly to Provo or something. It all depended on his wings and how they felt. He wasn't going to stop in one place for very long anymore. Just long enough to have his break for stone sleep and food and drinks, then he would keep moving.