Part 30: Amnio Test and Gender Reveal

The clan arrived home and there was no sign of Brooklyn. They just hoped that Coldsteel hadn't been working for the one who had had him kidnapped in the first place.

They awoke the next night and went looking for their Second.

But it wasn't long before there was a shadow on the horizon. Bronx smelled it and he barked excitedly. The others all looked at him and watched the moon rising. There was the gargoyle silhouette coming at the castle. The clan hoped it was Brooklyn. It was.

Brooklyn couldn't have been happier to be home with his clan.

"Brooklyn, are you alright? We heard about Coldsteel taking you captive." Goliath declared. "We were just about ready to go looking for you."

"I'm fine, Goliath." Brook replied.

Angela came up and gave him a hug. She was just glad he was back. She hoped her mate wouldn't mind doing this to his brother. That would be all the further she went to show affection of any kind to him. Not flirtatious actions.

"We were just about ready to go look for you again." Broadway said.

"How's the baby, Lad?" Hudson asked.

"It's fine. And I was on a building in Little Tokyo town. I managed to make it back here." Brooklyn stated.

"How did you get away from Coldsteel?" Lex asked.

"With Demona's help. I convinced her to not harm me, especially with her having to reluctantly give up my secret to her." Brook replied.

"How did she help you get out of there?" Angela asked.

"I guess from all the things you've been worrying about with her that you've done well enough for her to set me free and put a spell over Coldsteel's mind." Brooklyn explained.

"That's good." Angela declared. Her mother was showing signs of not being the same old kind of Demona.

Brooklyn had always been the one to notice Demona's schemes before the rest of his clan did, like during the Hunter's Moon times that she was up to something. He hadn't known what it was but after she had stolen the canister, he knew that something was up. He knew that she never went out for a night on the town for fun. He knew she hated humans with a passion, but she also disliked that her clan liked humans, with the exception of Angela. But with this discovery of him being pregnant, he truly hoped she would keep her word and not harm him or his baby.

...............

Back at the castle, Dr. Sato did an ultrasound to make sure that the baby and Brooklyn were alright. There was no lingering damage, but it had been a stressful time for them both.

Brooklyn told them the truth of what happened.

Goliath and the clan were amazed that Demona had actually helped him escape from Coldsteel and what she had done to stop him, considering she had helped him to nearly 'wipe them off the planet.' They were allied now with MacBeth at least, but it was through Angela that there were better relations with Demona. But she had done too much to them to ever be truly welcome back in the clan again.

................

The month finally passed, and Brooklyn entered into his 6th month. He could really feel the child now more than ever. It was definitely more mobile inside him.

Dr. Sato was still wanting to do an amnio test. He really just wanted to make sure the fetus was alright. Brooklyn really didn't want another needle poked into his belly. It was going to be enough for him to await the night of when his child would be born in a few months. If it had been in an egg, the pregnancy would be about over, but from the last ultrasound, the fetus was not ready to leave the womb in the slightest.