Part 27

The next night when the clan awoke, Broadway went down to fix the clan's breakfast first. Goliath was going to assign patrols but later on after breakfast. Elisa stopped by to see how Brooklyn was first thing.

"How are you doing?" Elisa asked.

"Well, my arm's better if that's what you mean?" Brook replied as he took the bandage off his arm.

"We found out that Brooklyn was pregnant last night, Elisa." Angela said.

"I know, Angela. It's exciting, right?" the woman stated.

"You knew and didn't tell him or us, Lass?" Hudson asked.

"I found out only the night before. When Brooklyn had gone to Dr. Sato for answers as to why he was gaining weight and illness symptoms." Elisa explained. "Dr. Sato called and told me about it."

"How did he find out?" Lex asked.

"When I told him my symptoms and what Ray had done to me, Sato wanted to do an ultrasound on me." Brooklyn explained. "Yeah, he didn't expect to find me carrying a live baby, but when I said I felt something moving inside my stomach, he wanted to take a look. I tried to tell you before patrol last night, but Goliath overrode me."

"I'm sorry, Brooklyn. Starting tonight, you are not patrolling with us." Goliath declared.

"I know and understand." Brooklyn replied.

"So, how is the little one tonight?" Elisa asked. She was ever curious.

Brooklyn felt a little movement inside his belly and rubbed it. "Well, it seems to be up and ready to go too." He smiled. "Probably hungry, like I'm getting."

"It's so hard to believe you're going to be a father soon like this." Angela declared.

"I still felt uneasy about knowing about it. Yeah, Angela, I agree with you. This child is going to change all our lives." Brooklyn said.

"But it's bringing new life to the clan." Lex pointed out. "Our own baby to take care of."

Brooklyn's grin faded for a moment. Was he referring to having the baby raised like how they were? Well, there were enough young gargoyles here that the child could be raised communally. All the adults would be its parents. But Brooklyn also wanted his baby to know that he was its biological father/parent. The child probably would know in time anyway, considering it will have his beak and horns, his looks mainly. Skin color was still a guess right now. He had no clue who the mother was.

Melina had been the only woman he had seen among the humans who had kidnapped him. He hoped the baby wasn't part human but there would have been no other way that he knew of that he had fathered his child.

Ray had done something spectacular to make this pregnancy happen. Brooklyn was both mother and father to the little one that he didn't know about.

Broadway summoned them for breakfast soon after and they went to it. Elisa too. She had a little time to kill. Goliath was glad to have her there.

At breakfast, the Xanatos' were there too. Fox was looking at Brooklyn from across the table. She was trying to get a look at him to see for herself if he looked like he was carrying a child. It was a little far to see at the moment. She would talk to him later.

Brooklyn just enjoyed having his clan around him to help him celebrate having the new baby on the way. His life had been so lonely for so long, then his kidnapping happened, making him lonely all the more being away from them, and his long journey home. He had had pregnancy symptoms while traveling and not known what was going on. For a month since being home, he had been sad all the more for what happened to Elaine. He wouldn't forget her but now he had something more positive to focus on. This baby would be his life until he ever found a mate.