Part 24: Stirrings

When Brooklyn awoke the next night, he felt a lot better. He had taken his meds last night and just rested. He had needed it to be well rested. He was alone at the moment. He saw his loincloth on a chair, and he pushed himself up and off the bed. He felt a little weak after last night.

He got his loincloth off the chair and put it back on. When he got it on, he was about to strap the belt in place. But when he snapped it on, he felt like he had to loosen it. He loosened the strap a bit. He just didn't want to feel it was too tight. At least none of his clan had taken advantage of him like the way that Ray had.

The clan were glad he was up and about tonight but he still wasn't ready for patrolling. Sato saw to that. He needed another night of relaxing.

Brooklyn was getting his bearings back in the castle. He was more than glad to be able to rest his wings for a few nights. They had been stressed for far too long.

Goliath had taken it under advisement that his Second could have a week off to rest and get stronger before he resumed his regular Second duties.

Now that he was home again, Brooklyn was so happy to just be home. He was eating and drinking like normal. He knew there was nothing he could do about Elaine and he missed her, hoping she would be alright.

When the week ended and Goliath had him start patrolling again, the leader gently told him that he shouldn't go out alone anymore. Not after what happened. Brooklyn didn't want to be alone as it was, now. He had learned his lesson.

..............

Brooklyn did well on his patrols, but there were still times of dizziness and nausea that got to him. Over the next month, Brooklyn ate well and felt sick later. He tried to keep it to himself but little did he know that he wouldn't be able to hide this for much longer.

His stomach was getting bigger. He didn't notice it just yet, but Brook thought he felt some weight inside him, but not a whole lot just yet. His appetite was also getting bigger and he was eating more at mealtimes.

Because of the nausea that he still felt at times, he had a feeling there was just something that he had to protect his stomach for when he was fighting bad guys. Most of the time, they were simple punks and were easily afraid of him. He still remembered what the punks had done to Elaine and would sometimes use that to inspire him to get mad enough to scare them or beat them up.

The clan had noticed the change in Brooklyn's moods. There was something different about him in some ways. He had been through a life-altering experience. He obviously had PTSD himself too from his kidnapping.

Brooklyn didn't want to talk about some things, about what he was feeling. He often wanted to be alone when he was home. He still felt sad about Elaine. It was like she had died because of him.

................

As the weeks passed, Brooklyn passed into his fifth month of pregnancy. His stomach was really starting to show now.

Brooklyn's appetite had grown more intense and the clan was shocked at what he was eating at times. Mixed foods that didn't sound good. He was having cravings.

Broadway was surprised that Brooklyn was eating as much as he was. Him and Lexington were noticing something else too that perhaps even the others were noticing as well. Brooklyn seemed to be getting fat. Why was he eating so much? Was he really that depressed, or was he really that hungry?

Brooklyn wasn't feeling quite as nauseated as he used to be. He had some energy and he wanted to use it out on bad guys. Before long though, for some reason, he started feeling some strange feelings inside his stomach. It would happen a few times a night.