Part 52: A Wedding to be Had

When they were together, Elaine said to her fiancé, "Brooklyn, I missed you so much, I don't think I can wait much longer to be your mate. Can we do it in a couple nights from now?" she asked of him.

Brooklyn understood why she was asking this of him. He smiled and kissed her. "Anything you want, my Love. We'll tell the others just before sunrise. I'm sure they'll give us their blessing." He wanted to be mated to her the sooner the better, or if just being called mates fully.

The two of them just spent the rest of the night cuddling in Brooklyn's room. Kaska was in his crib. He had been fed and was asleep. This was special time for his parents to reconnect.

Around sunrise, when they went to their perches on the tower, Brooklyn spoke up. "Everyone, before we sleep, Elaine and I have an announcement." The clan gave them their attention. "In a couple nights' time, we decided that we're ready to call each other full mates, with your blessings, of course."

"I would be happy to bless your coupling." Goliath smiled at his Second. He had come home on time.

"Congratulations, you two!" Hudson declared.

The rest of them smiled and agreed. They patted the couple on the backs and shoulders. The girls hugged. Elaine gave her new to be brothers kisses too. She was so glad that she was going to be Brooklyn's mate at last. Then the sun came up, putting them to stone sleep.

When David and Owen came up later on to see that the Trio were back, David said, "We must have missed a delightful conversation with the way their faces are all smiling and lit up."

"Yes, I believe so." Owen agreed. "We should ask them what's going on when they wake up, Sir."

"We will tonight, Owen." David said.

They left the clan to sleep.

Later in the evening, the men came up to wait for the clan to wake up. Elisa was also here to greet them too. She wanted to greet the Trio now that they were back home.

Stone fragments were soon seen, and the gargoyles roared to greet the night. They turned to go down for breakfast. "Hey guys, what's up with you?" Elisa greeted them.

"Hi, Elisa." The Trio said in unison. They were happy to see her too.

"What was going on that had you all so happy?" Elisa asked.

"In a couple nights, Elisa, Brooklyn and I are going to become mates!" Elaine exclaimed happily.

"That's great. Congratulations!" Elisa declared. She was happy for them. "I also heard about new babies being on the way?"

That stopped everyone. "It'll be a while yet." Lex said. "But yes, it's true. We don't even really know yet. In a few weeks we'll know."

"I also have some good news for you guys. Ray Henderson was found dead last night. He won't be bothering you anymore." Elisa declared.

That was a sigh of relief for Brooklyn especially. "How did he die?" he asked.

"He looked like he had been assaulted. He bled out." Elisa said.

"Serves him right." Broadway exclaimed.

"Good riddance!" Brooklyn grumped about him but was glad he wasn't a threat anymore. But there would always be threats to the gargoyles' existence.

"I would be happy to throw you and Elaine a wedding ceremony." David said.

Everyone was happy for that.

"We could invite some guests over for the ceremony." Elaine said.

"The bonding is usually very simple. It's not quite like a human wedding." Hudson declared.