Part 4

The more Ray looked at Brooklyn, he seemed more awake rather than groggy. Brooklyn saw the way he was looking at him from this distance.

"What do you want from me?" Brooklyn demanded again.

"The sedative from yesterday seems to be gone. You're not wobbling about as most other creatures would be after waking up and standing for the first time." Ray explained.

"My stone sleep made it go away." Brooklyn replied.

"Really. Tell me more about your stone sleep, what it does, please. I would like to know." Ray stated. "It sounds like it does wonders for you."

"Why should I tell you anything about me or my kind? You kidnapped me!" Brooklyn snapped.

"Unless you want to do things the hard way, but of course, I can examine pieces of the stone skin that came off of you over in the other room, to see what its properties are." Ray stated. "I bet it's a different kind of stone compared to real rocks."

"I can't tell much about my stone sleep anyway. I don't know much about it." Brooklyn declared.

"Oh, you must know something about it. Curious minds want to know more about why gargoyles turn to stone and no other creature does." Ray insisted.

"I just know we turn to stone at sunrise and awaken at sunset. That's all I know. It's been a part of me since I was born." Brooklyn explained.

"And just what is your age? You look rather young to me." Ray stated.

"That's something I don't have to tell." Brooklyn glared.

"If you're going to be that way, you won't get any food tonight. You will tell me what I want to know." Ray was getting annoyed at Brooklyn's avoidance of his questions.

"I don't want to eat any of your food anyway! For all I know, you will poison it!" Brooklyn snarled, eyes glowing.

Ray snarled as he gave up and his minions followed him out of the room. Brooklyn watched them go.

Brooklyn breathed a sigh of relief, but with a touch of sadness. He wasn't hungry at the moment but was thinking more along the lines of what was going to become of him. He didn't know where he was, other than Nevada. He knew where it was on a map, but just the state. But what town was he near? He had to get out of here before things got worse for him. Starvation could be one of them.

He didn't know how much power 2,000 volts was, but he certainly didn't want to try it. He had experienced being electrified many times in his life since coming to this time period and didn't really want it to happen anytime too soon.

Brooklyn caped his wings around his shoulders and put his arms over each other. He sat down on the hard floor sadly, his tail curled close to him on the right side. He had a long night ahead of him and he didn't know what he was going to do.

He sat there thinking for a while, then decided he would try to get that door open that he had come through on the table he had been tied to formerly. Or he would try the wall. His talons were able to break through some forms of walls.

He went over to the exit and he tried to get his talons into the wall if it was made of steel. But the wall wouldn't budge. He didn't know what the wall was made up of, but it was strong enough to resist a gargoyle's talons. It wasn't steel; it was something stronger.

If he couldn't get out of here by tearing down the wall, then he would have to wait for the right moment to get out whenever the door was opening again. He would have to bide his time.

.............

Ray went into the other room and was going to do what he said: he picked up some stone fragments and would study it under a microscope to see what the nutrients and other useful information was about it. Surely, it was different from real stone.