Part 49: Lex's Interview

Brooklyn and Lex tried to call out to each other and Broadway to see if they could hear one another. It would be nice if they could talk to each other if through some vents at least. There were vents in the ceilings for air filtration but no vents to speak through exactly. There was only silence that answered their calls.

The red gargoyle didn't want to stay flat on his back in case Ray or some other human came into his cell. Holding his stomach, he grunted in pain as he pushed himself up slowly to sit up against the wall. It hurt to sit up, but he preferred it this way. He could only relax.

Brooklyn looked down at his stomach. Could he have another little life inside him? He had just gotten over a pregnancy and lost the weight from it. He wasn't ready for another one. He had hoped he would only have more kids with Elaine.

'Oh, Elaine. I'm sorry I can't make it home tonight. I want so much to be with you, and not here. Please find me, my Love.' Brooklyn thought to himself. 'Or I'll get out of here and escape as soon as I can, with my brothers. I can't let him go through with his crazy plans, whatever they are. He's not going to keep us. I promise.'

Brooklyn knew there was no way he was getting out of here tonight. His wounded stomach prevented him from moving much as it was. As much as he thought about wanting to have Ray's 'project' removed from his belly when he got home, but could this be another chance to grow the clan some more? And there was no telling if Elaine's body would even go into heat like a real female gargoyle would in another ten years. Perhaps he should keep the child inside him going.

"Maybe it'll be good for Kaska to have a brother or sister close to his age." He said in a low voice, but he would still talk this over with the clan. It was still too early to know for sure of a pregnancy detection. But he knew he had to get Ray out of action. He wasn't going to let this madman keep on trying kidnap him or his clanmates any longer. Going to jail would only take him out for only so long and he would still go back to wanting revenge or something if he ever got out or escaped.

He was going to get out of here tomorrow night. Right now, he was too sore to even try to take the shackle off his ankle as he just couldn't reach it right now with his hurt belly. He could only rest for now and let stone sleep do the rest.

................

Broadway hoped his brothers were alright. He was here in his cell alone and doing just fine. He was the only one of them without an injury to his stomach this night. He wanted to get out of here and go home to Angela. He wanted his bros to be alright too. He had called out to them and nothing.

His stomach growled but his mind wasn't on his hunger like it usually would be. But he couldn't help but wonder if he was going to get fed in this place. He and his brothers and Goliath had all not been fed at all when the Illuminati kidnapped them for tests that time. Hopefully these scientists might be more lenient?

But what had become of his brothers?

...............

Lex had managed to push himself up to the wall to rest as much as he could before sunrise. He saw the white bandage on his stomach. It hurt.

The more Lex thought about it, the more he thought that he wanted his child. He never knew when he would find his life mate. Brooklyn had come close to having his child without a mate. But he had found Elaine on his way home.

Then it hit him. Were the three of them going to have to travel from Nevada too? He hoped not. It would be quite the distance. This time, they had each other for company. But they all had to get away first. Being pregnant and traveling didn't always mix well. He remembered Brooklyn saying he had had problems with dizziness and nausea quite a bit.