Part 54: The Trio's Pregnancies

As the last few months passed, the Trio only got bigger in the bellies. Lex and Brooklyn found themselves having to rest a lot more the more their twins put stress on their bodies.

Angela and Elaine found themselves trying to comfort them as best they could. They wished they could find a mate for Lexington. Broadway was still able to move around more since he wasn't weighted down quite so much, but he still felt backaches and swollen ankles as well. His stomach showed more in the last months than before.

The Trio were all due in the month of June. The solstice was their due date. At least from what Sato had learned of gargoyle pregnancies and egg hatches that they usually hatched on a seasonal day. Being males, the boys wouldn't go into labor. Their c-sections were just scheduled.

The clan began to get antsy as the big day was approaching all the more.

Thanksgiving and Christmas had been good mealtimes for the three of them and the babies. New Years' and Valentine's Day had been fun with their mates. Lex of course felt left out but had rubbed his tummy to love on his twins. Easter would be fun with the egg hunts. They were glad that spring was back.

The Trio were also in a way mothers and fathers in one. But the two who had mates of course, their mates would be their moms. As the due date got closer, they were all looking forward to being fathers for the first time. Goliath even now celebrated Father's Day with Angela.

As for genders of the babies, they had all wanted to find out what they were having.

Brooklyn was having a girl and another boy. He was happy that he was getting a girl this time, but happy for his second son too. Elaine might have a daughter in the breeding season. Who knew?

Lexington was having twin girls.

Broadway was having a boy. Angela didn't mind whatever the baby was.

Along with Kaska, there would be total of six new gargoyle children in the clan soon. The parents still needed to think of names for them all.

This was where Hudson had had a problem first thing back in the Dark Ages and even coming to this era. Having to think of names. But it was getting to be customary for gargoyle clans all over the world to tell each other apart better and maybe even for deeds they had done.

Good names could help determine personality and temperament aside from the nature versus nurture theory.

From the last ultrasounds, both of Brooklyn's kids looked much like him. But body color was yet to be seen. The girl's horns were a little more curved. His son's were more like his. Their wings were like his too.

Lex's daughters looked more like him too. Their wings were also like his. At least Lex would have some more members of the clan with wings like his.

As for Broadway's son, his wings had webbing in them. There were some bumps on his head and some bumpy ridges like what Hudson had. His ears were more like that of Broadway too.

They would all find out the night they were born.

...............

When June finally came, waiting the three weeks till the Solstice was nerve racking. The Trio and the clan were all more than ready for the babies to come. The aches and pains, mood swings, and eating so much over the past ten months had taken its toll on everyone.

Things were all ready for the babies to come. Names had been thought of too.

Brooklyn and Elaine were going to call their twins Krissy and Salvo.

Lexington was going to call his daughters Rianna and Flora.

Broadway and Angela were going to name their son Zephyr.