Part 44: Elaine's Surprise

Brooklyn and Elaine spent the rest of the night in his room, just spending time together like they wanted, with some interruptions from Kaska, but that was fine. He had to eat. His father would breastfeed him.

At the end of the night, before the predawn hours, Elaine was the guest of honor to try to feed Kaska his first bottle though. Brooklyn would allow this as his new mother.

After Kaska had latched on to the bottle, Elaine tried to imagine what she could look like as a female gargoyle. She saw Angela and knew she wanted to have that kind of hourglass figure, but did she want a human face, or a beak like her mate to be? Beaked gargoyles were so rare it seemed. Then, gargoyles with wings like Lexington were also hard to find. But she knew that when she would learn to glide, she wanted wings on her back rather. Lex's wing pattern looked harder to use. If she had to hold something while gliding, she also wanted her arms free. Then she also wondered if she could choose what her skin color would be.

Among these gargoyles that she had only known, she knew of the color rainbow wheel, of the warm and cool colors and she saw more of the cool colors. Brooklyn was the only one among them with the red color. Brown came close to red, sort of. And Kaska was brown too. Elaine thought of going orange.

While she and Brooklyn were snuggling together on his bed, Kaska was lying on Brooklyn's stomach, just where he had been over a day ago. Elaine's head was on Brook's chest, admiring his baby and had a finger in his little hand. The little gargoyle was grasping her finger as he was sound asleep. Brooklyn then sighed happily.

The lady then said, "Are you alright, Brook?"

"Hmm hm. This feels wonderful. I have a family. I have a girl I love and my first child. This is all I need, aside from my clan." The red male proclaimed with a sleepy smile.

"Me too. It was always hard for me to find a guy I loved. Seems I found what I wanted in another species. I'm glad you came my way on your way home and am glad to have met your clan." Elaine declared. "It was surprising to learn that you were expecting the way you were, but it wouldn't change a thing now."

"Elaine, I have to ask you something."

"Yes?"

"If I had stayed with you and just brought you here with me, and later found out you were pregnant, would you have kept your baby for me?" he asked.

"Brooklyn, I love your son, but I could never love a baby fathered by those monsters that raped me. I'm sorry if you feel that I'm not sorry for getting rid of it, but those demons ruined my life for a long time." She explained. "I shouldn't have to carry their results. It just would have been a reminder that I didn't need. And I know that you experienced practically the same thing from the man that captured you, but even when males get raped, they usually don't have to worry about getting pregnant with their rapist's babies."

"Yeah, I understand, but I guess I didn't want to have that done to me because it was a shock at first, but it was a miracle this succeeded at all, for me. My kind is so low on numbers. My clan needs my son in it." Brook declared.

"I know. He's from you and you will be a great father. You are what those men were not." Elaine said. "Your son is my son now, too." She kissed his neck.

Brooklyn still felt bad for what happened to her that she had had to do that. He felt bad for her child, but he couldn't control the past. What was done was done. He couldn't do that to his child.

They laid like that until it was time to get up for sunrise. Brooklyn got up off the bed and held Kaska to him. The baby was awake for this. Elaine stood back. "Till sunset, my Loves." She said.