Part 29

Brooklyn woke up a few hours later with a terrible headache. "Oh, my head." He said as he put a hand to his head to rub it. He had a big bump on it too. He then noticed the bars of a cage that surrounded him. This wasn't good.

Then he remembered, the baby! He instantly looked down and saw his belly was still swollen, but he was worried for his child more than anything right now. Was it still alive after being possibly squished inside him? He knew he would need to have his belly examined when he got free of here.

Brooklyn rubbed his belly. "Please be okay," he pleaded. Then he looked around. He saw he was in a lab someplace. There was a surgical table in the room among cutting tools. He gulped at seeing those. Those could be used to cut the baby out of him! That's why he couldn't let his enemy know he was pregnant. But he couldn't let his soul take over his body either.

But Coldsteel was also at a disadvantage: He needed someone who knew sorcery to do a spell to put his soul in his body, and the Grimorum was gone forever. And there was Demona. She possibly knew a spell that could do something like that to him. He hoped that that she-devil wasn't working with her long-lost dead rookery brother again.

Brooklyn went up to the bars to see if they were electrified. He put a talon finger to the bar and ZAP! Yep, it was electrified. The red gargoyle also couldn't risk being electrified either. He had enough to worry about.

Then there was the voice again. "Well, well, well. My little guest has finally woken up." Coldsteel greeted him, coming into the room coldly.

Brooklyn glared at him. "You can't have my body, Coldsteel." He stated in a firm voice.

"And why not? You are going to give me back my life, and when my brother and sister return, they will never suspect me of being in your body." Iago proclaimed.

Brooklyn had his wings caped around himself so the cyborg wouldn't see his rounded belly so easily. He gulped. He put a hand on his belly in worry for his baby. "But don't you remember how you got out of my body? It took a spell from a magical being to make it happen."

"That's alright. I will find Demona to help. She could be just as helpful." Iago declared.

Brooklyn gasped in fear.

Iago was loving seeing the look of fear on his victim's face. "You shall be my guest until I do find her. Shouldn't take much."

"She's not so easy to find." Brooklyn retorted.

"Oh, I know where to find her. I've seen and followed her before on her nightly rounds." Coldsteel mentioned.

Brooklyn didn't like the sound of this. 'Please don't bring her back here.' He pleaded in his mind.

"You aren't going anywhere until my deed is done."

"Look, you can't do this to me! I will not let you get away with this!" Brook yelled.

"And how are you going to stop me? The power in those bars is way more than enough to fry you to death if you try to break through them." Iago retorted. And with that, he left him alone.

Just the thought that Demona would even agree to do this to him as well made tears come to his eyes. But he knew that she would probably love to do something like this to him. She knew that he hated her with a passion ever since her betrayal of him a long time ago. He also didn't want her knowing about his baby. She would probably want to get it away from him too.

Brooklyn wished he could just break down the bars and get out of here or call his clan and they could figure out a way to get him out of here. He wasn't going to risk the baby's safety with the bars. All he could do was sit down and wait for what happened next unfortunately.