Part 23

Elisa called in sick that day so she could stay and help take care of Brooklyn later. She hoped he wasn't afraid of her for any reason. She also called her brother and family that Brooklyn had finally made it home again. They were all glad he was safe and wished the best in caring for him.

Brook's loincloth was cleaned and patched up for him for when he woke up tonight. It was taken to the room.

Later, towards sunset, Dr. Sato came to the castle to see his patient. It wasn't long before there were stone fragments starting to come off the gargoyles in the room, even the one in the bed. They all roared their welcome to start the night. The others all looked at Brooklyn.

Brooklyn found it odd that he was in a bed in a white room. He felt a bit better, but that instantly made him panic. "Ah! No! Not again!" He saw figures around him, but it made him think he was back in Ray's custody. He panicked.

"Brooklyn, it's us!" Angela tried to calm him.

"Ah, please, don't hurt me!" Brooklyn begged, panting.

"Brooklyn, we won't hurt you." Lex declared.

"Don't you know us, bro?" Broadway asked.

"Bro?" Brooklyn questioned.

"Yeah, you're at home, Brooklyn." Broadway declared.

"It's me, Goliath." Goliath said. He saw his Second shake his head and hold it.

Brook's vision focused more and he now saw the rightful figures around his bed. "Guys? Where am I?" he asked.

"You're in the castle's medical ward." Hudson replied.

Brooklyn felt the stone fragments under his blankets. "What am I doing here?" he asked.

"Don't you remember?" Angela asked.

"No."

"You came in the castle after getting home from wherever you had been for the past few months and were calling for someone. Broadway and I came out of the library and saw you first. Then you fainted. We got you to the library and got you warmed up. We told the others you were home. Eventually, we all moved you here." Angela explained.

"The weather is stabilized now, Brooklyn." Elisa said. "You must have been gliding in the snowstorm pretty good last night to arrive in the condition you were in."

Dr. Sato stepped forward. "Brooklyn, if you remember me, I would like to examine you."

Just seeing the sight of a doctor was enough to make Brooklyn uncomfortable. "No, please. I'll be fine." He got defensive.

"Brooklyn, you still look under the weather. Please let the doctor take a look at you." Elisa said gently.

Brooklyn looked sadly at the others. Hudson took the young one into his arms for comfort. "Sato wishes to make sure you're alright, Lad." He said comfortingly.

"Okay." Brook agreed reluctantly, then he sneezed and coughed. He was still pretty wrung out from traveling all that way in the blizzard last night.

Dr. Sato came over and opened his medical bag. He put his stethoscope on and he listened to Brooklyn's heart and lungs. His lungs were a little raspy.

"Here, I'm going to recommend some antibiotics for your lungs. They don't sound good at all." Sato declared. "You also need to down some hot soup."

"Brooklyn, what happened to make you this sick?" Elisa asked in concern.

"Gliding in... snowstorm last night." Brooklyn replied with a sniffle. "Just wanted to get home."

"You mentioned something about Nevada last night. What was that about?" Lex asked.