Part 18

The next evening, Brooklyn awoke, and he saw his bag was still with him. He opened up the bag to check on his food. It was warm in there. He sat down to have some food. Shortly after, he carried his bag to go explore more of the city, maybe go see a movie or something. He still wanted to be able to enjoy them.

Meanwhile, a little distance away, at a bank, a bank teller was staying later than usual at her job. She had had lots of paperwork that had to get done before she could leave for the day.

She was a young woman at age 25, nearly Elisa's age. She had curly brown hair that went down past her shoulders a little bit, that was in a bun, had green eyes, and wore a navy business suit. She stood about 5'5. She had some nice black shoes but not high heels or anything. Her name was Elaine Gettys.

Elaine was the last one to leave every night. She just had the biggest job and locking up the bank for the evenings. She had a professional demeanor about her but she could be understanding of people's situations too. She tried to be charismatic to ones she served.

It was already dark out and Elaine was starting to go for her blue car across the parking lot when a gang of seven punks were outside the door.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" A tall blonde boy said.

Elaine tensed up. "Go away." She declared to him, if nervously.

"Why, we have a pretty young thing that needs to go out with us for tonight." A black haired one sneered.

"I don't want to go anywhere with you creeps. Now back off or I'll call the cops." Elaine warned them.

"Oooh! The police! Very scary! Not!" A third one mocked her.

The boys surrounded her. They began to grab at her. "Get out of here! Leave me alone!" Elaine tried to use her words first, but the boys kept grabbing at her, for her purse and her clothes.

"She's so gorgeous. Wonder what she looks like under all those clothes." The leader sneered.

Elaine's arms were restrained after her purse was taken from her. She kicked one in the shin. Then she was slapped in the face for that by another. "She needs to be taught some manners." A redhead proclaimed. He began to grab at her shirt.

Elaine didn't like this one bit. It scared her and she screamed. "Shut up, B----!" The man put a hand over her mouth as she continued to struggle in their arms.

From above, Brooklyn had heard a scream below. It was a woman's scream. He knew that that was a way that his kind often got lured into traps, but this wasn't New York. He might have been alone but he wasn't going to let the girl get hurt. He turned to the sound of her voice. He heard her again.

When he landed on a bank rooftop quietly, he put the bag aside and he saw the gang of seven men trying to hurt and rape her. He wasn't going to stand for that! He made his move. He landed behind the bank first. He laid his bag by the wall.

"You punks should let the lady go." Brooklyn declared in a firm voice.

The men heard the voice and looked but saw no one behind them. "She's ours. Go away!"

"Then perhaps you'd like to take me on? I won't let you hurt her." Brooklyn declared.

"Oh, we'll take you out just as we can her!" One decreed. "Take care of the hero man!"

A few turned to deal with the newcomer, then out of the shadows, stepped a red figure with red skin and white glowing eyes, growling. He had wings too. The men suddenly froze up and whimpered.

"Uh, Skuz..." One of the boys whimpered.

"I said let the lady go!" Brooklyn looked as fierce as he could. He advanced on the men. They had their weapons at the ready.