Part 13

It had been a few months since the clan had last seen Brooklyn and they missed him greatly. They all wondered how he was doing.

Goliath missed being able to rely on Brooklyn's opinions on backup strategies and other ideas on how they could better protect the citizens of New York.

Lexington missed hanging out with his one brother that was mate-less. Sometimes they would have spent time together going on patrols or to the movies. Lex would even show Brook his inventions and maybe even an occasional babysitting assistant with Alex. They would also play card games and Lex would listen to his music choices.

Angela knew that Brooklyn had been lonely here in the clan after she had chosen Broadway as her mate. She still loved him as a friend and like a brother. Just because he was lonely didn't mean that he had to be so reckless between her and Broadway.

The whole Trio had fallen apart once Angela had come along. They were all still friends, but not as close as they once were. Broadway still did his cooking for the clan, but it was like all taste had gone out of the meals he made for them without their missing member. He was glad he had Angela for company now, and he sometimes did hang with Lex when it came to brotherly time. They still made a great team on patrols. But Lex and Broadway didn't exactly have the leadership qualities that Brooklyn had that had made him a good Second.

Hudson knew the lad had great potential to be a great leader if Goliath wasn't around anymore. But now, they were left without a Second in Command. Goliath might have to choose one of the others if Brooklyn never made it back.

Bronx knew the clan was in distress and he missed the red one too. He would go to his room sometimes and scratch the door to be let in and there was no answer. No music either. He had tried to help sniff out Brooklyn's scent, but there was just nothing he could pick up on.

All they could do was just hope that Brooklyn would get away from his captors at some point or let him go. But with humans in this century, ones who found fascination with them, why would they want to let them go? They were such a rare and newer species that was now known to the world. They weren't fully understood, and some humans would do anything to understand them in anatomy and capabilities. They all dreaded the thought of Brooklyn being someone's lab specimen.

The clan was not going to give up finding Brooklyn. They still did their patrols as normal but also would go out and keep looking. Ever since the start of his kidnapping, even the Mutates and clones had participated in searching for him and there was no luck from them either. The last living remnant of Brooklyn in New York was Malibu. He looked so much like his red original, just differed in color appearance and thinking ability. But his voice sounded just like his. But even at some point, Derek had called off searching when nothing had turned up after so long.

But Goliath wasn't giving up on his Second.

Lexington and Owen were looking on the computer quite frequently to see if there would be any news of a gargoyle seen somewhere in the city or close by. Bronx had after all, ended up on a train that had taken him to Pennsylvania once.

That gave David an idea. Perhaps they should go to Pennsylvania and do a search there. It was time to widen the search. Nothing was turning up in New York City. And what if Brooklyn had been taken across the ocean? David was going to expand as much as he could to help them find the red gargoyle.

Fox would stay in New York as well as Owen. David was going to head to Europe to start a search there. He would also make a visit to the London Clan that he had heard about. Perhaps they could help find him. If he was anywhere in their city, they would know.

Angela even came up with an idea that they should let other clans they had met to be on the lookout for a red beaked male gargoyle that was missing from Manhattan. The clan liked that idea.