28

"Cliff....I'm sorry" Clancy rubbed the side of his nose, hearing his story tore her heart into pieces. Slowly laying down she gave him the best hug she could muster.

Placing a finger in her back Cliff gently slid it up and down "thank you....there's other stories why I hate humans...but the one I told you is the root of it" the giant said as he looked her in the eye.

Feeling him rubbing her back the young woman closed her eyes "I know the feeling I get made run of cause...well you know" Clancy whispers. Shaking the memories out of her head Clancy slowly made herself slide down to his face. Leaning against his nose the young woman smiled at him "well...what's stopping you from eating me?"

Bitting his lip Cliff gently wrapped his hand around her as he sat up "I don't know....there's something about you....my instincts are telling me not too" the massive man gently strokes the side of her cheek with his thumb and pointer finger.

Holding onto his thumb Clancy nodded in agreement "I know...part of me wants to run and scream....but the other part is telling me it's okay" Clancy snuggled into his hand for comfort.

Sitting there in quietly enjoying each others presence  Clancy's phone went off causing her to jump. Quickly pulling out her phone to see there's six kids calls from her father, the young woman eyes went wide.

"Everything okay?" Cliff carefully lifted her chin up so he could see her face.

"Yeah everything is alright.....I just forgot I had a dinner date with my father today...and he said he's on his way to our favourite place where we always eat that's all" Clancy slowly slipped her phone away.

"I'll take you....you'll be there on time don't worry" cliff held her close to his chest as he stood up to his full height.

"What about...what we are doing?"

"We can continue when you get back" Cliff winked