Chapter 3

The nervous anticipation, that's been slowly building in the pit of my stomach all week long, is now only intensified on the flight. Now, I'm sitting in the back of an SUV, on my way to the ranch where I'm going to be staying for the next two weeks. That same anticipation has now peaked and it's making me nauseous with excitement. I'm finally doing this and I'm trying to believe that I'm here in Montana.

I sit with a few strangers, wearing nothing but an over eager grin on my face and a lofty head full of hope from this adventure.

"So where are you from?" asks the attractive blonde, sitting opposite me. Her girlfriend or wife has her arm casually draped over her bare shoulder. She throws me such a friendly smile, it's almost impossible to not feel at ease with her right away.

"I'm from Korea, Seoul to be exact." I respond, returning her warm smile.

She glances across at her partner. "We're from Australia, aren't we, love." Her partner nods, agreeing with a small smile. She then looks back at me. "So, you're travelling alone?"

With my head high and shoulders back, I replied, "Yes, I am." It probably does seem ridiculous, but I am really proud of my kick-ass confident self at this very moment.

The personable blonde looks impressed. "Fair play, girlie. That's really brave of you."

"Or insane, as my mother would prefer to call it." I chuckled quietly to myself.

She laughs too, shuffling forward in her seat with her hand outstretched.

"I'm Rosé and this is my girlfriend, Jisoo." she introduces herself with a wide grin. Her quiet girlfriend leans across to shake my hand as well.

"I'm Jennie, you can call me Jen if you like. It's very nice to meet the both of you."

Rosé grins. "You too. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of each other out on the ranch."

"I would think so" I smiled while replying her.

My attention is now pulled in another direction. Looking out of the truck window, I am in complete awe of this vast and beautifully uncomplicated land. There are no large buildings or housing estates, just wide-open greenery that's surrounded by wonderous valleys and mountainous terrains. The rolling grassy hills go on and on, as far as my eyes will allow. I feel myself already getting lost in the splendour of the surrounding prairie. My daydreaming mind shows me to a perfect vision of myself. I'm riding through it, with the wind in my hair and only my horse and this gorgeous place for company.

Could this place honestly be more perfect?

Manoban Ranch is not your stereotypical western ranch. It is spectacularly immaculate, oozing of homely sophistication. The main house is a large impressive timber lodge, surrounded by quaint rustic log and frame cabins. Further from the house are barns, indoor and outdoor horseback arenas with striking white fencing all around their paddocks. As ranches go, this really is picture perfect. It's a working ranch but a luxurious one at that. The bubbling excitement within me is surfacing, once again.

I feel as though, I'm in some sleek western film. Everywhere I looked, there are attractive men and women busily walking around in their Stetson hats, western shirts and denim jeans. I feel a little under dressed without a hat and a shoestring necktie, but at least I'm wearing a pair of jeans.

One of the strangers in our group is wearing what looks like a short evening dress. Positively over dressed, she probably feels far worse than I do right now. I sit there, smugly knowing that I actually look okay in my black fitted tee and indigo jeans. No doubt, my long hair will be slightly dishevelled after all the travelling, but its curls will cut me some slack. I run my fingers quickly through it before getting out of the truck.

"Welcome everyone to Manoban Ranch! Our home is your home for the duration of your holiday. I'm Chitthip Manoban. My husband, will be along to greet you all shortly."

A mature, yet pretty woman warmly welcomes us. Her greying dark hair is casually tied off her inviting face. Within a few moments, a tall stocky man, with a purposeful stride, joins a smiling Chitthip.

"Hey there, guys and gals. My name is Marco, Chitthip's better half." He sweetly puts his arm around Chitthip, who just laughs at his teasing comment.

"He likes to think he's in charge, but deep down, he knows exactly who the real boss is around here." She winks up at him, playfully swatting his muscular arm.

Marco laughs a deep rich laughter. "So, I'll get some of the boys to grab your things and show you all to your cabins. We'll give you half an hour or so to settle in, then we can give you the grand tour of this ranch. How does that sound?" he asks, scanning the small party that stands in front of him.

We all stare up at home, stupidly nodding. I happily look all around me, soaking up the secluded oasis that I'm delighted to be standing in, feeling elated that I am finally here. It all feels a bit surreal, really. This is something that I've always dreamed of doing. I just needed a little more time to let it all sink in.

As our bags are being taken out of the boot of the car, a lone rider on horseback, approaches the house, totally distracting me. My heart, literally stops for a second. The simple task of breathing seems to have eluded me. The way she confidently rocks to the slow motion of the horse beneath her, as she casually rides closer, has me literally rooted to the spot. As she passes by, I can see her face much more clearly. My breath holds at just how devastatingly handsome and beautiful this person is. Her perfect profile has me completely drawn to her. The outline of her achingly full lips and her attractive straight nose makes me yearn for her to look my way. Just one heart stopping look is all I need. I continue to watch her every move, how she leans forward and dismounts, the way she ties her horse to the white paddock fence and the way she unsaddles the mount.

I wish she would turn to look at me, just so I can view her delicious face, in all its hot as hell glory. As though she can sense my thoughts and feel my incessant stare, she glances sideways in my direction.

Oh my goodness, she is really the most beautiful person I have ever seen.