Chapter 5

"Hey Jennie! Come join us." I'm relieved to see Rosé and Jisoo in the dining room. It's one thing to travel alone, but to eat alone, that's just really something else to get used to. At the same time, I don't want to be the girl that everyone feels sorry for during breakfast, lunch and dinner.

"I don't mind sitting alone. I don't want to interrupt or anything." I politely say.

"Don't be silly, girl. Sit your ass down." Rosé says with a laugh. I like this girl already, she's spirited and fun.

"So you guys all settled in after having the grand tour of this place?" I asked.

Rosé nods, while breaking off some bread. "Definitely...and you?"

My eyes brighten. "I love it here. I also love my little cabin, it's so gorgeous and cosy. So are you both riding out tomorrow?" I excitedly asked.

Rosé's girlfriend vigorously shakes her head. "I'm leaving all the riding to Rosé. I'm here for all the other activities." she tells me with animated hands.

It's the first time that Jisoo has actually spoken to me. Her voice is softly quiet but she's friendly enough with her coy slanted smile.

"Yeah, Jisoo isn't into the horses like I am. She loves fishing and archery, don't you, Babe?" Rosé looks on lovingly at her.

"I'm also going to try out some rifle shooting, too." she says enthusiastically.

"I think I might try my hand at that, as well." I say, returning her keen smile.

"So, what are you doing after dinner tonight?" Rosé interrupts, taking a sip of her water.

I can't yet answer as I'm finishing off a mouthful of my delicious steak. I hold up a finger, as if to say 'hold that thought'. "Nothing actually. It's an early night for me." I eventually reply, reaching for my glass of water.

Rosé leans across the table. "Girl! You're on bloody holiday! Come with us into town. We're going for a drink."

I grimace, feeling unsure. "How are you getting there?" I ask.

"They have a cowboy taxi service here." Rosé giggles.

I'm grinning...totally confused. What exactly does that even mean? Are we going to be taken into town on horseback...at night? I stupidly wonder. I must have bloody jet lag or something.

Rosé picks up on my confusion and explains, "Chitthip said they have someone that will take the guests into town and will pick them up, as well."

I smile, looking down at my well-worn clothes. "Well, I would like to get changed first, if I go." I say pulling down on my dishevelled tee.

Rosé tilts her head at me. "Why? Have you got someone to impress already?" she smirks.

Defensively, I answer really quickly. "No! I just feel a bit tired with all the travelling. I could definitely do with some freshening up first, that's all." I guiltily advert my eyes, feeling myself blush.

Rosé rests her elbows on the table, with her chin sitting on her clasped hands. "I may not know you very well, Jennie...but my goodness. You're such a shit liar!" she says with a knowing smile. I try to maintain my innocence with a little shrug of my shoulders, but it's useless. Rosé is a woman's woman. She can smell my obvious interest in someone. I must be like a dog in fucking heat. I grin, looking down at the floor, avoiding eye contact.

"Who is it?" she asks, her questioning eyes now firmly fixed on me.

"No one." I reply, ignoring her prying stare.

Rosé playfully taps Jisoo on her arm. "I think I need to get a few more drinks down her first...then she'll tell us everything. Right love?" She then turns and grin at me across the table.

Jisoo smiles, shaking her head. "I honestly feel sorry for you, Jennie. When Rosé gets the bit between her teeth...she gets on a mission. She will extract the truth from you."

Rosé slowly nods. "Jisoo's not right about a lot of things, but she's definitely spot on about that." She teasingly pinches her girlfriend's cheek.

I start to feel under pressure. "There really is nothing to know, honestly." I say weakly, feeling like the walls are caving in on me.

As much as I like Rosé and Jisoo, I'm not entirely comfortable talking about the lusty crush I seem to have developed on a person that I've only just met.

Rosé sarcastically scoffs. "Yeah, yeah...we'll see about that, won't we?" she confidently tells me.

Who am I kidding? Of course there's something to tell. I'm actually sitting here, looking around for her right now, lying through my teeth to Rosé. I need to stop being so utterly ridiculous. I'm acting like a desperate looking-for-a-shag tourist. This is my holiday of a lifetime. I'm not going to be able to fully enjoy it, if all that I'm doing is thinking about some hot girl that I've only just met. I need to get this girl out of my perverted little head and start enjoying my holiday.

I only get one chance at this holiday and fuck; I'm going to take that chance.

I soon find my inner sassy self. "You know what, Rosé? Let's eat, then go and have some fun." I say with a wide grin.

"That's more like it, Jennie. I'm so loving your style."