Chapter 33

Words can't actually convey just how excited I am to be going to my first rodeo. The best comparison I can give is that I'm just like an over exuberant child, who is literally bouncing all over the place.

I am so damn high; Lisa is having to peel me down from the cabin ceiling. I mean, shit! I'm going to a real rodeo with my very own, sexy as hell, cowboy. It is seriously a squeal-worth moment. In fact, I've been having many squeal-worthy moments lately. Ever since Lisa and I have been spending our nights together. Waking up in each other's arms after an evening of doing many 'other things', really has me walking around with an excited spring in my step. If I could bottle that up, I really could make a fortune with this sort of high.

Since our first night together, Lisa has barely left my side. We are trying to squeeze in as much as humanely possible with what little time we have left. Being with her makes me so incredibly happy. I try to push away any thoughts of leaving Manoban Ranch, as far away as possible. I have buried leaving Lisa so very deep, I hope I never fucking find it. I suppose we will have to have that conversation at some point, but for now, I don't want to taint our precious time together.

Lisa tugs on my top, pulling me towards her. "I've got something for you." she stupidly grins, obviously hiding something behind her back.

"What is it?" I ask, trying to peep behind her back, but she playfully keeps moving out of the way.

"Close your eyes." Lisa tries to sound serious. I giggle, closing my eyes really tight. "Now hold your hands out." she tells me. I hold my palms out flat, still giggling like a fool, when I feel something being placed on them. When I open my eyes, I see a beautiful white Stetson with a thin black band around it. I enviously stroke its felt brim, and look at Lisa, who lifts it from my hands and carefully places it on my head.

She then brings her lips to mine, kissing me beneath my beautiful new gift. Wrapping her arms around my waist, she says, "I can't have my girl going to a rodeo without a hat now, can I?" she smirks.

I bring my hands up around the back of her neck. "I love it! Thank you so much!" I say, placing a soft kiss upon her full and luscious lips.

"My pleasure." Her grin is so heartwarming as I look at myself in the mirror, adjusting the position of the Stetson on my head. I can see Lisa watching me, so I strike a silly pose.

"How do I look?" I ask with one hand on my hip and a provocative little pout.

Lisa looks at me with deep affection. "Beautiful" she says proudly.

"Why thank you, Ms Manoban." I laugh with a playful curtsey.

Lisa tugs on the pocket of my jeans, bringing me quickly against her. She brushes her mouth lightly over mine, a teasing caress of her lips. "Let's go, I can't wait to show you off."

Arm in arm, we leave the cabin, walking and laughing towards her truck. I proudly glance sideways at her as a completeness wash over me. Happiness is something I thought I would never find, but here I am...happy.