Chapter 13

I can't stand it any longer. Her touch is driving me insane. Not being able to react to my feelings is unbearable. I have to take back my control. I wrench my foot from out of her hand. Lisa doesn't react or say anything. No words are exchanged. No smiles are given, just a deep consuming look into one another's eyes. I don't know how long I was lost within the depth of her golden spheres. I only know I could have remained like that forever.

I hear Lisa eventually clearing her throat. "Is that better?" she asks gently.

"Yes." I weakly whisper.

She has this sinful little smile, waiting around the corner of her lips. "Good, we better head back." All I can do is stupidly nod. I'm still reeling from the feeling that lingers within me; a hurricane of want wreaking havoc within me. I would love to be sat behind her on her horse. Wrapping my needing arms and legs around her fantastic body. I imagine, locking onto her waist to rest my dreamy head on top of her strong back, inhaling her natural scent. I seriously do need to get a grip!

By the time we get back to the ranch, although I am blissfully tired, I don't want this day to end. I've started to miss her, already. I have not even got off my bloody horse yet, and I'm already missing her. Yup, seriously need to get a grip.

"How was it, ma'am?" the older cowboy from earlier is there to greet us both in the gravelled drive.

"Amazing." I swoon, wearing a ridiculous gooey expression on my face as I dismount.

"It's a real beauty out there, isn't it?"

I move around the front of Shadow. "It certainly is. I'm sorry, I don't know your name?" I offer my hand to the lovely old guy.

He takes off his Stetson, bowing his head as he politely shakes my hand. "I'm Jung-jae, ma'am."

I smile warmly. "I'm very pleased to meet you, Jung-jae."

"Right back at ya, little lady." he chuckles to himself.

I turn in Lisa's direction. "Thank you. I've had a wonderful time." I say, leaning my head against Shadow's neck.

"My pleasure, Jennie. I'll catch you later, okay?" She gives me the biggest, most handsome smile. I instantly weaken...pathetically weaken. She's never going to be able to catch me from the height that I'm falling! I think to myself, whimsically watching her walk away.

"You've made quite an impression on our Lisa." Jung-jae interrupts my dreamy thoughts.

"I'm sorry?" I look over Shadow's shoulder at Jung-jae, intrigued by his comment.

"Lisa only goes out once a day with guests."

I move closer to Jung-jae. "I don't understand what you mean." I confess, with a blank look and slight head shake.

"What I'm telling you, is this little lady. Lisa went out with all the other guests this morning, yet she asked to take you this afternoon. She never goes out twice in one day. Yup, she's taken with you, for sure." Jung-jae enthusiastically pats Shadow, his piercing grey eyes still resting on me.

I shyly look down at the ground with a fluttering in my stomach. "Do you really think so, Jung-jae?" I ask quietly.

Jung-jae knowingly smiles as he squeezes my shoulder. "Yup, I do. I also know this. Once you have a Manoban's heart, it's yours forever. Just you remember that, little lady."

All I can do is smile the biggest, happiest smile ever. So maybe...just maybe, I'm not imagining it after all? Could this insanely beautiful, wonderful, charismatic person...really have a seedling of feeling for me?

If she does, what do I do? I'm only here for two weeks. This is absolutely crazy. I can't allow myself to fall so deeply when I know I'm only here for a holiday. Yet, falling I am. I feel something that's just too hard to explain. I feel different. Lisa herself is different. I want to protect myself. I should be trying to protect myself, but I also know that it's already too late. No matter what common sense is screaming at me. My heart's voice speaks so much louder. I know I shouldn't be falling...but that doesn't mean that it's not already happening.