Chapter 49

I rush into the main house to see a surprised Chitthip.

"Jennie, you've come back?" She asks, with shock written all over her wonderful sweet face.
I bend over, trying to gain control of my frantic breaths. "Where's Lisa?" I ask, holding my chest.

"She's in the stable, honey," she says, still looking very surprised by the fact that I'm here. I nod with a smile, between my still heaving breaths. I quickly turn to leave, but Chitthip calls out to me.

"Jennie?"

I stop in the doorway. "Yes?"

A big smile spans the width of her lovely face. "Welcome home."

Shit! I just love this woman so damn much! I rush over to where she stands. Wrapping my thankful arms around her so tight, I think I may have burst a blood vessel.

I then run back out of the house, towards the stables. My heart is racing hard. I long to see Lisa, but my stupid legs won't get me there quick enough.

I keep running, as fast as I can, until the stable comes into view. I slow down in front of it, struggling to breathe normally. My breathing is furiously fast. I'm shaking from head to toe. I try to calm myself down with each tentative step I take.

I stand in the large stable doorway. Lisa is in the distance, looking into the stall that has the tiny foal named Jennie inside. Her arms are crossed over the top of the stable door with her depressed chin resting on them. Seeing her again, gives me the most euphoric feeling.

"I think you're going to have to rethink her name," I say loudly.

Lisa's head jerks back, cocking it to one side to look at me. Her face ashen and her eyes are frozen in an unfocused gaze. After a short but excruciating time, she pushes herself off the stable door, turning in disbelief.

She stands with a stiff body, legs slightly parted. Her eyes widen the more it dawns on her that I'm really here. "You're back?" she asks quietly.

I start to walk towards her, my fingers tingling with desperation. "My life has no meaning and makes no sense without you, Lisa. I had to come back." She starts walking towards me. Her smile is slight at first, but the closer we get, the more it grows into an ecstatic grin.

"Come here, you."

I hear her and run for my life into her waiting arms. We spin around and around, in a dizzying swirl of joy. All of my delirious senses burst back into life at the feel of her touch. Lisa is languishing my face, neck and shoulders with ecstatic kisses.

"I never thought I would see you again," she professes between her cherishing kisses.

I am somewhere between paradise and heaven as her treasuring mouth reacquaints itself with me. I lightly brush my cheek next to hers, feeling totally wrapped in pure bliss. "I love you, Lisa. I love you so much and this is the only place I want to be," I tell her between fevered breaths, lifting my lashes to study every inch of her beguiling face.

"I love you. I promise to always make you happy." Lisa's beautiful affirmation has me wanting her more than ever. My craving body pushes itself against her, saturated in want and desire.

"Starting right now?" My daring eyes provocatively roam up and down her body, challenging her to satisfy me.

Without hesitation, she sweeps me up in her magnificent arms. "Definitely, starting right now."

"Then, take me to bed cowboy!"