Chapter 42

"Hurry . . . I'm going in," she shouts.

I watch her naked body disappear beneath the semi-lit, rippling lake. She watches me undress, with only her head out of the water. I feel self-conscious . . . exposed; yet turned on.

In heated disbelief, I remove my underwear. "I honestly can't believe I am doing this," I mumble to myself, dipping my toes into the dark water's edge. It's not just cold. It's fucking freezing! I really want to immerse my exposed and naked frame into the lake. I desperately need to have it hidden by its watery blanket but the cold water prevents me from doing it.

The more I hesitate, the more Lisa laughs. I know I just need to get this ordeal over and done with . . . and quickly. I try to not think about the icy water. I push through the boundaries of my body, bravely entering the lake. The more my body is lowered into the cold water, the louder my shocked gasps become. Once my shoulders go under, I literally squeal and furiously blaspheme. Lisa finds the whole thing absolutely hilarious.

"It's a little cold but you'll get used to it," Lisa says, swimming closer, her impressive shoulders being lapped by the water.

I shiver. "That is, if I don't bloody freeze to death first!" I reply through a too-tight jaw. I don't even want to think about the vicious fish or other evil creatures that may be in this lake with me.

Lisa pulls me towards her. "Come here." I cling onto her for dear life, wrapping my legs around her hips.

If Jaws is going to attack, I will at least die in the arms of my beautiful Lisa. I irrationally tell myself.

"You're shivering," she says, rubbing my chilled body.

"That's because I am insanely in an arctic lake." My teeth chatter, as I hold on tighter around her neck.

Lisa laughs again. "It's hardly arctic." The water continues to ripple around her.

"It's no fucking Jacuzzi either!" I bark back.

My sense of humour is quickly starting to freeze, along with every other part of my body. Only Lisa could get me to try something so outside of my comfort zone . . . only her.

Lisa supports me on her hips, swaying with me in the water. "I'm just trying to give you memories about our time together," she tells me with a sweet smile. I would smile back, but my mouth is now unfortunately too cold to cooperate.

I'm now trembling uncontrollably. "Oh, don't you worry. I'm not going to be bloody forgetting this in a hurry," I sarcastically reply, in a broken, shivery voice.

Lisa kisses the tip of my cold nose. "I see that you're going to need a lot more practise skinny dipping." her words drip with equal sarcasm.

"Definitely," I reply in a quaking voice.

Lisa's wet lips edge towards my blue, shaky mouth. I honestly believe I am going to die in her arms. The coldness is not even funny anymore.

"Come on, I'll get you out now." Her strong arms carry me effortlessly out of the water, standing me down onto the dry grass. She leaves me standing there, a dripping and trembling mess. She hurries to the shadowed Chevrolet, retrieving something from the back of it.

"Hey! I kind of really need you here. I don't want to air dry alone you know?" I yell.

Lisa rushes back with two large towels in her arms. "Did you honestly think I wouldn't bring these?" She puts one down onto the ground, shaking open the other. Stepping really close in front of me, she gently envelops my quivering body in the brushed cotton towel. Not once does she take her caring eyes off me.

"Thank you," I whisper, continuing to stare into her loving spheres.

Lisa breaks the moment by bending down to pick up her towel. She throws it over her back, holding it by its corners and wrapping us both within her own towel. She leans in to kiss me, a soft but demanding kiss. Pulling back, she looks at me with a thoughtful smile. "You really are beautiful, Jennie," she says in a hushed breath, tightening her hold on both the towel and me.

"Even when I am blue?" I quip.

Lisa grins, licking her lips. "Especially, when you are blue." she kisses me again . . . hard! Her volcanic hot lips are warming my icy cold ones. Her kiss is fervent and greedy. It's a kiss without barriers. All the cold parts of my body, are being wonderfully warmed by the heat from her molten mouth. I open my towel, allowing her access to my warming naked body. We stand incredibly close, moistly entwined.

Our eager fingers explore one another with unleashed desire, with unified breaths that are rapid and short. I want Lisa and she sure as hell wants me.

"What are we doing?" I breathlessly whisper, trailing kisses along her chiselled jawline.

Lisa lowers me to the ground; her eyes so full of adoration, and yet, insatiable need. They burn an invisible trail everywhere on my wanting body. "We . . . are crossing the line!" she slams down onto my mouth, pinning me beneath her. Our kiss is chaotic. Uncontrolled. Wild. Frantic.

A fierce and unforgiving hunger is now the onlydriving force behind our crazed, needing bodies. We both want this. We want ittoo much to try to stop it now. We have both tried so hard to prevent this fromhappening, but what was once a dormant primal instinct, has now united us. Ananimalistic magnetism now controls all that happens from beyond this point. Wethrow caution to the prairie's wind, regardless of the consequences tomorrow.