Chapter 29

"So, you can cook too?" Lisa comes up behind me, gently snaking her arms around my stomach, her handsome face resting on my shoulder.

I laugh, bringing my head closer to hers. "With a lot of help from your mum." I admit, carefully placing the just washed up plate on the drainer.

Lisa caresses my neck with her cheek, teasingly tickling it. "There's a rodeo on Thursday. Do you want to go with me?" she asks, swaying me in her embrace.

I twist around, holding my wet hands high in the air. The suds drop on the floor behind her. "That would be fantastic, Lisa." I excitedly reply.

She looks at me with a sexy casual smile. "I have to give you a sample of real Montana life." she tells me.

"I really am living the dream at the moment, aren't I?" I bring my soapy hands around the back of her neck, pushing my body into hers.

Lisa blinks slowly, pulling me into her. "Yes, ma'am you are." I feel her grip tighten around my elated body.

I adoringly look into her eyes. They always somehow render me immobile. "So, what are we doing tomorrow then, Ms. Manoban?" I whimsically ask.

"Well, I was thinking, after watching you shoot, yesterday. How about we give it another shot tomorrow morning?" I detect the humour in her rich and smooth voice.

I playfully pout. "I will have you know, Lisa Manoban. I was very close the other day." I proudly hold my chin high.

She laughs loudly, kissing me on my neck. "The targets weren't the trees, Jennie." Her deep laugh vibrates through my body. I push her in the chest, turning around to continue washing up, a smile creeping across my content face.

Searching for the dishcloth, I mutter under my breath. "Okay, so rifle practise tomorrow morning." I agree.

Lisa once again, positions herself behind me. "Then, a sunset horseback ride." She whispers into my ear, her lips lightly brushing across it.

I tilt my head back. "A sunset ride sounds absolutely perfect." At this rate. I'm never ever going to finish the damn dishes. I turn around again; I need to see her attentive face. Pulling her to me with a dripping wet hand, I place a featherlight kiss on her enticing mouth. As we pull apart from our, all too brief kiss, Lisa is intensely staring at me with a cute and furrowed brow.

"Can I ask you something?" she asks quietly.

"Anything," I murmur, our foreheads now fused together.

Lisa softly strokes my cheek. "Can I stay with you tonight? I know we said that we won't get intimate, not completely intimate, at least...but I would love to fall asleep with you, Jennie. It would mean a lot to me if you were the first thing I see in the morning. I can't think of a better way to start the day." I melt at her words. I honestly don't think I have ever met a more perfect person. I affectionally kiss the tip of her nose to reassure her.

"I would love nothing more." I whisper into her parted mouth.