Truth

Nash couldn't get enough of Morgan. He had known Scarlett for just as long when they started up, but he hadn't felt the same need. Was it Morgan's innocence or something else? He was rarely as honest about Law and Savannah as he had been with her. Clyde knew and Tillie could read his mind. The girl was one of a kind. Not even Phoebe was as spunky. How did Clyde do it? His girl was tiring.

He was in bed, with Morgan's head on his chest, when his phone rang.

"It's my momma."

"Answer. I'll shower."

She jumped up and put his tee shirt over her sexy naked body. As he greeted his momma, she gathered her clothes.

"Honey. are you still hiding?"

"Not hiding. Just staying with a friend."

"A woman."

"No, momma, but I've made a new friend here."

"Have you? Do you like her?"

"I do. More than I expected."

"I'll tell your brother. Maybe it'll help him."

"Is he doing what he's supposed to?"

"Don't you worry. He has me, his wife, and her momma to keep him in line."

"Momma, is he happier?"

"It's just been a little over a week."

It seemed like longer. Maybe because Nash was used to being busier. He would have had trouble staying through February, but with Morgan, everything changed. He'd have trouble leaving, but he didn't have a choice.

"I'd tell you to tell him I care, but it would probably make him angry."

"I know you do, Nashy. Have fun surfing."

He stopped the words I'm not surfing.

He stayed in bed awhile to give Morgan space. When he heard her leave the bathroom, he put on his jeans and a shirt. He could shower later. As he stepped out, Phoebe and Rob were talking to Morgan. He stopped in his tracks and frowned as he listened. Morgan wanted him to stay.

Phoebe demanded, "If you don't, I will!"

Morgan turned and looked at him and back at Phoebe. He reached out his hand, and she allowed him to pull her in. Her clean, soapy scent reached his nose.

Rob said, "Nashville is where it's at."

Morgan looked at Rob. "You moved."

"Because I'm an accountant."

Nash had to fess up. It meant the world to him for her to like him as a nobody. "Honey, Nashville is my home, but it's more. It's where albums are recorded and my band rehearses. I can't stay here because I'm scheduled to be on tour for four months."

"On tour? Like with fans?"

"Loads of 'em."

She looked at Phoebe. "You knew?"

She nodded. "Nash's band is my favorite band. Nash wrote the song Andy sang the first night."

She stepped away from him. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I enjoy being normal. It's been a long time since someone just liked Nash."

Planting her hands on her hips, she asked, "Do I even know who you are?"

"Honey, you know me better than anyone. You know the real me."

"I don't even like country music."

Nash smiled, hoping it was her last argument. Phoebe said, "You'll like Nash's songs."