Love

Phoebe shopped for a Grammy party

Phoebe shopped for a Grammy party. She bought chips and candy. With fresh dough, pesto and mozzarella, they would make pizza. She picked up some other things for toppings, including her favorites, mushrooms and olives. Robbie teased it wasn't a party if there were just two of them. Hannaford was a mob scene, because they forecasted another storm to start in the early morning. Phoebe suspected her school might cancel classes on Monday. She picked up a few other things so she could hunker down for a day or two.

Phoebe didn't normally watch awards shows, but she was excited to get a glimpse of Nash and Morgan. Morgan had texted her a picture of a dress the day before. It was unlike anything Phoebe could ever imagine wearing. The dark blue matched her eyes, one eye and complimented the other. The detail was hard to see, but it had beads like a wedding dress. Its unique feature was it was strapless on one side, but had a sleeve on the other.

Phoebe thought of her friend dressed up with a fancy hairstyle and rubbing elbows with famous musicians. She wasn't jealous because of a fancy gown. She was jealous because Morgan had texted that Nash told Morgan he loved her. Phoebe wanted to hear those words from Robbie.

He arrived wearing his jeans, which hugged his butt. Phoebe wanted to slip her hand into his back pocket. Instead, she pressed her lips to his. Like so many other kisses, he took control of her lips. She surrendered to him. She wanted to surrender her body to him, but he insisted on being a gentleman.

Before the red carpet coverage, they watched the local news to see the weather forecast. The lead story featured the snow. It was a nor'easter, which meant winds and surf.

"The surf was already good."

"Good thing you work tomorrow. I don't want you out in the storm."

"I wouldn't do that." She didn't tell him others did. "Our stars might have to extend their stay in LA. Flights will be cancelled."

Phoebe wouldn't mind if they stayed away longer. She enjoyed having Robbie to herself. She and Morgan had grown closer, but Phoebe resented how her friend was always at the cottage, especially since Phoebe went home every night.

The pizza came out of the oven just as the red carpet coverage started. Rob said, "You watch, I'll bring it to you. That's if you have room after Twizzlers and M&Ms."

He teased her about eating candy, but he had some little chocolate pieces of heaven too. She loved how he wasn't useless in the kitchen and credited Chellie. Her father relied on her mother too much. Through the years, his wife and daughters waited on him. It never occurred to her before how spoiled he was. Robbie was from a new generation.

They had made the pizza together. Her favorite word and place to be was together. They sat together on the sofa, as they ate and watched the parade of music stars. Phoebe knew more than Rob, but there were plenty she didn't know.

He was shifting in his seat. She felt bored, too. His voice startled her. "Look Clyde and Tillie."

Phoebe had seen pictures of the petite woman. "She's so cute."