Heaven

Robbie woke up feeling tired. Phoebe was out cold. By the time they returned from New Hampshire, it was almost two. Phoebe had bounced around the limo the entire trip. He suspected Nash and Morgan probably regretted inviting them to join them on the ride to The Point. Morgan looked just as antsy for her own reason. Nash was chill, but he looked exhausted.

The driver had dropped him and Phoebe off at their apartment before taking the other two back across the marsh to The Inn. The apartment above the fish market was the perfect solution when it became available just in time for summer and the return of Betsy and Adrian. Eventually, Phoebe gave up the pretense and moved in with him.

After they privately celebrated their engagement, Phoebe finally settled down, which was good because they had a busy day ahead of them. Hanging on the closet door was her maid of honor dress. Clyde had the role of best man. They had joked about swapping girls since Phoebe would stand up with Clyde, Tillie would be with Robbie. The other two were Nash's brother and his wife. Noticeably, missing from the bridal party was Morgan's twin.

They chose The Point for their wedding because it was where they fell in love, but also because it would be far more private than Nashville or even where Nash grew up. Rob looked at the clock and hated to wake her, but she had to be at the inn to get ready with the bride. He honestly was surprised Betsy or his mother hadn't knocked down the door yet. No one knew what he planned except Nash, and those Nash had to tell in order to pull it off.

Robbie almost chickened out when he realized Cayla was there. He didn't want to rub it in her face. Vivian never said much about her daughter, except she was working hard. Robbie honestly never expected her to accept Nash's invitation. She hated Maine, but attending the wedding of one of her star artists was in her job description. He avoided her but wouldn't be able to at the small wedding. Maybe it would be nice to see her again. Hopefully, Phoebe would behave. He smiled as he woke her with kisses.

She groaned. "Let me sleep. I'm dreaming I have a diamond ring on my finger."

He laughed. "Wake up. You do, but you have to get ready for Morgan's wedding. Tomorrow we can start thinking about ours."

Lily and Brady were engaged, but they were both too busy with school to plan a wedding. It looked like he and Phoebe would beat them to the altar because Robbie didn't want to wait forever. The only schedule they needed to consider was Nash's. It was too soon to think about, but Rob could choose Nash or Reed or even Brady as his best man, but he thought he might go a different direction. In his heart, he knew the best man for the job was his father. He was his role model and the best man he knew. He smiled, thinking about the next senior staff meeting. If he knew O&C, there would be a cake.

Phoebe continued to groan as she slipped out of bed and took her beautiful, naked body to the shower. He thought about joining her, but she had limited time. She gave him a big kiss, which left him longing before she left with her dress and a big bag.

"Next time you see me, fiancé, I'll be wearing a very sexy dress."

"You enjoy torturing me. Goodbye future wife."

The wedding was simple yet beautiful. Clyde sang the song Nash wrote for Morgan. It was not as moving as when Nash had sung it the night before. Phoebe had tears both times. Rob loved her sensitive heart. As soon as the ceremony was over, he pulled her into him.

"You are so beautiful."

"You look handsome yourself."

The men wore dark suits. Nash didn't want the formal tuxedo thing. He gave them a tie, so they matched. Nash and Clyde wore cowboy boots, as did the bride. Morgan had embraced the Nashville life better than Robbie ever had. He enjoyed his visit when he and Phoebe went to see their friends the past winter.

His parents made a beeline straight for them. His mother embraced Phoebe first. "We saw the video. Were you shocked?"

Phoebe nodded and smiled. His girl was too happy to talk. Hopefully, it would stay that way because, after his parents moved on, Cayla approached.

"Hey Rob."

"Hi Cayla." He reached out and offered her a quick hug. "Do you remember Phoebe?"

Cayla looked at Phoebe for a moment. She had only met Phoebe a couple of times but knew Phoebe had a crush on him. At the time, Robbie brushed her observation aside, although he knew it was true.

Cayla smiled, and her eyes were soft as she said, "Congratulations. I really hope you two are very happy."

"Thanks, Cay. That means a lot coming from you. I hope you are happy, too."

She smiled. "I am. I won't lie. It was hard with you leaving and moving on, and all those lies about my father, but things are good now."

"Have things improved with your mother?"

"I'm getting used to her being around."

"Well, that's something then. She and I are still in touch. Just so you know, I'll be inviting her to my wedding. She was thrilled to hear about my engagement."

"She knows."

"I told her. Yes."

Cayla shrugged. "I, um, need to see some business associates. You know I'm always working."

"Cayla, I hope you find more to make you happy than just work."

She smiled politely and walked away.

"That was... sad and awkward. I feel sorry for her because I know what she gave up."

"Darlin', I don't think she could have ever kept me. I was meant for you.

Phoebe laughed. "I could have told you that when I was sixteen, before you met her."

"Sometimes good things happen to those who wait."

They turned to watch Nash and Morgan dance. Both wearing cowboy boots, they looked perfect, dancing to Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani.

Phoebe leaned into his ear. "Do you think Nash could introduce me to Blake? You know I love him."

Robbie laughed. He listened to the words and knew he never wanted to live without Phoebe, EVER.

This photo is widely available online at a multitude of places cowboy boots and wedding dress are sold

This photo is widely available online at a multitude of places cowboy boots and wedding dress are sold. I know its crazy.

Song and partial inspiration for Nash and Morgan's love story.

'Nobody but You' Blake Shelton with Gwen Stefani

Thanks for reading. I hope you had as much fun reading as I had writing it. I stepped out of my comfort zone with this one but fell in love with Nash. His story took a totally different direction. I started it thinking he would end up with Vanni but quickly knew it felt wrong and started rewriting. Morgan appeared when I needed her.

Thanks for putting up with the fake chapters. I hope I have found a work around so I can stay here where I belong.

Thanks for all your reads, comments, votes, and love

Scroll to see what's next...