Rob's advice

The weekend finished better than it started

The weekend finished better than it started. Nash didn't come back with his car until almost noon on Sunday. It looked like Morgan would continue to be a frequent guest at the cottage. Robbie and Phoebe went across the street when they needed space. Things would have been a lot different if Adrian and Betsy weren't out of the country.

The office felt more familiar. He knew his staff better. Gone were the first days when he stressed over names.

"Good morning, Robbie," Tanya greeted him with a friendly smile.

"Nice weekend?"

She nodded. "Eden started walking."

Remembering a conversation his cousins had over the summer, he said, "Good luck. Next she'll be running."

"He's not wrong," Lisa said. She was about his parents' age, but already a grandmother.

The two women continued talking about toddlers, and he slipped into his office. He tried getting in before his staff, but Tanya had adjusted hours to help with daycare and Lisa was an early bird.

Izzy was typically late. He might need to run it by his father. He didn't mind so much except when she stayed late to make up her time, she tried to talk to him. She was younger, but older than Phoebe. The few times he stayed, she stood in his office and asked him personal questions. He wanted to tell her he had a girlfriend, but she'd tell the other women and then it would get back to his father.

Even if he was single, he wouldn't be interested in an employee. She wouldn't have luck trying to turn his head by showing off her ample cleavage. He spent six years with bigger ones and was fond of a certain pair of smaller, perkier beauties.

He was deep in a report when Izzy knocked on his door. "Sorry to interrupt." He looked up and smiled. "There's a new vendor. I don't know what account to put it in."

She entered accounts payable into the system, but struggled to assign the right type for each journal entry.

"Is it for the lab?"

"I think so." She looked down at the paperwork. "Yup."

"Then there's your answer. Maybe you'd find it helpful if Lisa spent some time going over it with you."

He turned to his screen, hoping she'd walk away.

"No, I get it now. I heard you like babies. I do too."

He didn't look up. He didn't want to be rude. "Can you ask Lisa to come see me?"

She pivoted and walked away, swinging her hips in her miniskirt. He let out a breath and typed an email asking for a meeting.

Lisa appeared. "You wanted to see me?"

"Shut the door, please."

"I didn't do it." She laughed at her own joke.