Backstage

Damn Robbie

Damn Robbie. He texted her again. Was he jealous of Rhys?

After the tickets came in the mail, she had called Lilli to go with her.

"No, thanks." She hollered, "Hey Rhys, do you know... What's the name, Pheebs?" She answered and Lilli repeated. "Almost Heaven."

"I'd have to be dead not to. They're the hottest band and I mean sizzling."

Phoebe laughed as she heard an exuberant Rhys through the phone.

"She has tickets and backstage passes to the concert."

Rhys' voice sounded loud and clear. "Little Lilli, I'll love you forever if I can meet Nash Kirkland."

"Lill, tell him he can go with me. We'll have a blast."

She and Rhys had a blast he was more fun than any friend she hung out with. It was her second most fun date, and she had plenty of hugs.

There were a lot of people backstage, but Nash was looking for her. "The little neighbor isn't little."

"I grew."

"Yes, ma 'am." His smile was gorgeous.

"Do you really know Robbie?"

He laughed. "I know Rob. He took me surfing."

"Tell him to bring you to Maine to surf."

He shook his head. "Too cold for a southern boy."

"I love the song!"

"Let's get a picture. Then you can meet Clyde, he's met Rob, too."

She was trying so hard not to love Rob and he gave her an amazing gift. When they arrived at Lilli's house, she showed off the pictures.

"How did you get the tickets?"

"Robbie. They're friends. See."

She showed the surfing video. "Seriously, that's so cool."

Rhys said, "The unknown surfer guy."

Lilli said, "He's not unknown. He's Lily's brother."

When Robbie sent laughing emojis to her, she didn't reply. Every time they texted, he stopped replying. So she ignored him.