Busted

Nash squeezed Morgan's hand. She looked up from her iPad and smiled at him. He already felt antsy, and they had four more hours to LAX. Morgan agreed to be his date for the Grammys, and he was looking forward to their getaway.

She joked about Pretty Woman when he told her they were staying at the Beverly Wilshire, Four Seasons Hotel. His thoughts kept skipping to the large, comfortable hotel bed. His bed at the cottage was fine, but Morgan deserved a taste of luxury.

They were arriving early, so Morgan could shop for a dress. She jumped up and down with excitement when he arranged for a personal stylist. She needed a dress and hair and makeup.

Tillie had recommended her. "She's a magician. A miracle worker."

"Morgan doesn't need a miracle."

Tillie exploded. "Nash Kirkwood, I can't wait to meet the girl who turned your head."

Nash leaned over and kissed behind her ear. "Thanks for comin'."

"I can't believe I'm doing this."

"Honey, I promise it will be amazin'. I want you to meet my friends."

His month in Maine had been wonderful because of Morgan. Without her, he wouldn't have lasted two weeks in the cold. Because of her, he would stay in Maine until he had to go home for rehearsals.

"I want to meet them."

He looked into her fascinating eyes. He bit back a string of words he couldn't say. It was completely crazy he felt them deep within. He planned to make the most of their trip together. Again, his thoughts strayed to the luxurious bed.

Nash kissed her. Her taste and smell had become a part of him. He could jot down notes on his thoughts all day. Morgan inspired him continuously.

She rested her head on his shoulder. Being with her was heaven. Not almost. It was pure heaven. Don't look ahead. He didn't like to think about when he left for Nashville. For once, he wouldn't be glad about the distance. What they had wasn't likely to fizzle out.

The minute they stepped onto the sidewalk outside of the terminal, he felt the excitement of LA. At ten at night, it was busy with cars, cabs, busses, and people. There were more than he had seen his entire time in Maine.

Nash hated the noise and the fumes of the arrival area. It was like standing in a tunnel.

He quickly spotted the car waiting for them and ushered wide-eyed Morgan towards it. The driver instantly grabbed their bags and addressed him as Mr. Kirkland.

"Welcome to LA, Mr. Kirkland."

Nash had dressed incognito to travel. He wore a hoodie sweatshirt, blue jeans, and sneakers. If anyone took him for being famous, it would more likely be a rapper not a country star.

He smiled at Morgan as her eyes took in the interior of the limousine. He had expected a town car. Maybe Wesley wanted to impress Morgan. Either Clyde or Tillie told their manager about what Nash had been up to in Maine. Once he knew, he took over the details including arranging for the stylist.

Morgan might need her eyes surgically repaired after they arrived at the hotel. Her enthusiasm and awe delighted him. It highlighted he had grown accustomed to his fame. Even at the beginning, he focused on making music, not reaping in the perks. Tyler always loved the perks.

He loved the plush bed as he flopped down on it right after he tipped the bellhop. Morgan laughed as Nash propped himself up on his elbow.

It wasn't a suite like in the movie, but it was larger than a typical hotel room. There was a sitting area beside the bed and a separate dressing area near a spacious bathroom. Money could buy anything, and Nash had more money than he could ever spend. He thought of Law and wondered how he was doing at getting his life together.