Trust

Nash was mad at no one but himself. He should have told her before he kissed her, after he kissed her, or any other day. He should never have waited until he slept with her. They shared so much with each other. Sharing their bodies was the perfect progression.

He couldn't love her. Could he? Nash had never loved any girl but Savannah, and it was too soon. He imagined Morgan taking some of his loneliness away. He remembered how Tillie traveled with them before Colt was born. Morgan had a job, so she couldn't just come with him. Could she?

When she left, he felt betrayed. They shared so much, but she didn't trust him. Idiot. He should have trusted her. She had trusted him when she followed him to the bedroom.

After a painful meal, he retreated behind closed doors. Emotions were useful for song writing. He wouldn't need Scarlett for their next album. Feeling desperate, he picked up his phone. How many times had he wondered what his life would be like if he had only kissed Savannah on that Fourth of July? He didn't want to live life with more regret - if only I had called her.

"Nash." She answered right away.

"I'm sorry. I should have told you sooner. Can we please talk?"

"I'm home."

She hung up. His dinner threatened to come up. He didn't deserve open arms, but he hoped she had an open door. At least, she sent a text with her address.

He drove the unfamiliar streets, following the voice by voice on his phone. Thankfully, the streets were clear. He wasn't ashamed to admit he couldn't drive in snow the way everyone in Maine did without a second thought.

He had never been to the apartment which Morgan shared with two friends. She opened the door to his knock and his first thought was she looked beautiful.

"Are you okay?" He missed her face.

He reached out and brushed her fingers. She curled them around his own and he let out a breath. Then she led him to an ugly brown sofa. Their apartment looked like Tyler's off campus one, full of crappy furniture, but lacked the holes in the wall. It was quiet, and he hoped her roommates were out on Saturday night.

Morgan didn't let go of his hand. She played with his fingers, moving hers between his. It caused him to react and open his legs a little more. He reached up and brushed his fingers along her soft cheek and jawline.

"Why?"

"Why what, darlin'?"

"Why me?" She averted her gaze to something over his shoulder.

"Why not you? There's something special between us. I know you feel it. You offered me a special part of you and I didn't do the same."

"What? You knew."

He moved his chin so she would look at him. "I guessed. Rob mentioned... um, Phoebe, and you told me about your disappointing relationships."

A blush was adorable, but her face was a blush on steroids. "I... I'm, um, sure you have had a ton of less than disappointing relationships. Then there's me..."

"I spent years thinking I cared for a girl who didn't love me. I was wrong. When I saw her again, she was a shadow of the friend I once knew, a stranger."

"Like me."

"Honey, that's where you're wrong. In one week, you are less of a stranger than any woman I've ever been with. I shared things I've never told anyone. The important things. We have a bond, a twin bond. We understand each other."

"But I'm nobody and you are famous. I saw clips of you on stage." Her voice trailed off.

"You're the girl I want to be with. I have never fought for a relationship. They walk away and I wave bye. With you, watching you walk away hurt, even though I knew I deserved it."

"What do you want from me?" She rubbed her hands over her face.

"I don't know, and it scares the crap out of me. I'm a regular guy with a public job, singing songs you hate."

She looked at him with her incredible eyes. "I like them. How can I not? Your drummer is hot with his tattoos."

Nash rolled his eyes. "Don't think about it. He's not our drummer anymore."

"Why?"

"Creative differences and he tried to move in on Rob's girl."

"Not Phoebe?"

"No, he was with someone for years. When the relationship ended, he moved back here. I'm more interested in what you think of me on stage."

She smiled. "Hot too, but I know the truth."

"What truth?"

"How hot you are in nothing."

"Are you flirting?" She giggled. "I came over unsure if you would even let me in and now you want my clothes off."

"I thought about it a lot and I can either end it or wait for you to when you leave. Both will hurt."

Nash saw some other options, but he wasn't ready to share them. It had only been a week, and he was thinking long term.

"So, did you want me naked?"

Morgan laughed, and he stifled it with a kiss.

Please remember to vote to show you like it.

Next update is Monday.