Home

I am migrating the other story here, so you will find chapter that haven't been read. It is because they were read on the other book.

Rob hadn't really planned to kiss her. He thought a brotherly kiss would be enough, but the sound of her sigh broke his resolve. After the discussion with Victoria on the beach, he had been leaning away from rocking the boat, which was his life.

He felt her kiss all over, including in his groin, but it was the feeling in his chest that felt right and very wrong. He had never cheated on Cayla. She had kissed a star at one of those crazy after parties. Pictures showed up on social media. She convinced him it was meaningless. "It doesn't just happen with rock 'n roll." She defended by saying it didn't mean anything for either of them. "He's married."

He held back his response. Marriage never stopped your daddy.

He wished his kiss hadn't meant anything to either of them. The realization of how far beyond a crush Phoebe's feelings were was alarming, and he didn't want to hurt her. Robbie never should have kissed her. He ran his hand through his hair and sighed.

Lily had her eyes on the road and didn't turn towards him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, sure. The week flew by." He had to work on Monday morning. "Lil, I'm sorry I argued with you about your choices. I just want you to be happy and you don't look like you are."

"You don't either. I thought you were close to proposing, but if you have doubts, Robbie, don't make any mistakes."

"Mistakes? Like breaking up with Brady?"

"I made a mistake afterwards. I went on a date with a bad boy. You know, I was looking for some excitement."

He made a fist. She would always be his little sister. "Did you find it?"

"For a few hours, but now I just feel used even though I asked for it. Victoria warned me."

Did Pheebs feel used? He was pretty sure Lily was talking about more than a kiss. She pulled into the driveway of their family home, which didn't feel like home to him.

When they said goodbye at the cottage, Aunt Karen said, "Your parents left. You know how they like their alone time."

Yuck. He was just glad they were happier since their move. When they stepped into the house, their father looked at them and shrugged.

"I love my family, but they take over the cottage. Your Mom will be glad to know you're both in for the night."

Robbie hadn't lived at home full-time in almost ten years. His mother never knew when he was in for the night. Lily hugged him and mumbled her goodnight.

"Hey Dad, can we talk?"

He opened a cabinet, but found plates. His father took down a glass and handed it to him. It was his family home, but he couldn't find a glass. He could, at the cottage. He glanced around the kitchen, a cook's dream kitchen with shiny stainless appliances and a bamboo floor. It may not look like the home he grew up in, but it smelled like it. The walls were different, but the people were the same.