Karaoke

Phoebe hadn't seen Rob since Christmas Eve. She couldn't run over to the Taylor's cottage and stalk him. Instead, she watched from her bedroom window as he unloaded his car.

She hoped he would come in for coffee while she was working, but she had only seen Rob. He bought three coffees instead of his normal two.

Morgan and Aleena wanted to go to karaoke again on Friday night. Phoebe reluctantly agreed, although she preferred to stay home.

"We'll meet at your house," Aleena said. She had to drive from Kennebunk.

When Lilli heard, she wanted to go, too. "Maybe Lily and Brady can meet us."

"Lil, my friends aren't like yours."

"Pheebs, it'll be fun."

When Aleena arrived, Lilli took one look at her and said, "Come with me."

Aleena looked nervous, especially since she hadn't met Phoebe's older sister before.

"We have to do something. Phoebe, you look okay, but your eyes need help."

Phoebe's eyes were a darker shade than her sisters. Hers were midnight while Lilli's were dawn. She looked in the mirror and her untouched face looked back at her. Except for some blackheads on her nose, it was blemish free. Her lashes were long and darker than her hair.

Aleena looked traumatized, but she let Lilli work. First, she used the flat iron to straighten her frizzy hair.

"It will shine more if you get the damaged ends cut."

It shocked Phoebe that her friend's hair looked so different. Lilli plucked at her brow, separating it into two. "When you go to the salon for a trim, ask for your brows too."

The doorbell rang, and Phoebe ran downstairs. Morgan smiled. Phoebe pulled her hand.

"Come see. My sister is doing makeovers."

As they entered the room, Lilli said, "Do you have to wear your glasses?"

"If I want to see."

"Ok. We'll work with them."

Morgan said, "Wow, Aleena."

Lilli finished her off with a little makeup, and Phoebe said, "I knew you were Princess Mia."

Lilli laughed. "OMG! You're right, Pheebs."

"Lil, this is Morgan."

"Morgan needs some makeup. Then we hit the closets."

Lilli convinced each girl to wear a fitted v-cut blouse with their jeans. "You both have assets to show off." They always wore baggy clothes, so Phoebe didn't know her friends had curves. Morgan hid the most.

As Lilli gave Phoebe smokey eyes, her friends laughed.

"What's so funny?"

Morgan said, "Maybe Andy will be there again."

"I lied and told him I was close with someone."

"Why Pheebs?"

"He insulted my guy."

Lilli tilted her head. "Who's your guy?"

"The one Rhys and I saw."

Lilli laughed. "You have a crush on the hot country guy."

No, I have a crush on his friend. "Besides, Aleena liked him, and he's bound to notice her. Come on, girls."

Morgan said, "I'll drive." She had a professional job with a paycheck and a new car.