Pillowtalk

It was Friday and Nash had known Morgan for a week. He had spent each day all week writing until Morgan came to the cottage after work most nights. Because of the cold, he was happy to stay in.

The snow fell, but as Chellie predicted, it wasn't six inches. In Nashville, the same amount of snow would have stalled the city. Robbie went to work. When Nash stepped out for fresh air, he saw the school bus dropping off children.

Phoebe stopped over a few times but left before Robbie came home from work. Any night Morgan visited, Phoebe also had a visitor. His friend was quiet about his new relationship. Unlike Nash and Morgan, they lacked time constraints.

Nash took care of band business during the day. Angel was concerned about his seclusion. He compromised by asking Robbie to take a few shots of him playing his Gibson and writing in his notebook. She planned to splash them on social media.

Meanwhile, Wes called him regularly. He confirmed what his momma had told him. Lawson took a leave from his job and was doing his steps. Nash hoped they could make amends.

Morgan told him about her twin. Madison had been competitive with her since birth, something he never experienced. Madison was more popular. While Morgan played the flute and joined the band, Madison was a cheerleader. By high school, she stopped trying to fit in and wore baggy sweatshirts and jeans. According to Morgan, Madison was embarrassed by her and her freak eyes. One sister had plenty of dates and the other had none.

He asked about when she left home in Connecticut for school in Maine. "That'll take another night. I'm tired of talking about my sister. I want to hear about your brother."

He promised to tell her about Lawson. The problem was he hadn't told her about Almost Heaven. It was hard to explain his rift with Law without talking about his songs.

Nash needed to trust her not to run when she learned he wasn't a poor musician. He didn't want her to go away. He was initially interested in a distraction, but he felt a connection he hadn't expected. It was more than physical. Rob's warnings weigh heavily on him, but she hadn't acted innocent when they were alone.

They had fooled around enough that he was glad he kept the condoms Pratt passed out before their last tour. Their tour manager took his responsibilities seriously. It was a ritual which created a lot of laughs. Clyde typically threw his box at Tyler, who could never have enough. Nash kept his box from their fall tour. He had no intention of using them on some random fan, but he resented Tyler being handsy with Rob's gal. A lot had changed. Tyler wasn't with the band. Rob had a new girl and Nash was thinking about his condoms.

Nash pulled back and looked into Morgan's brown and blue eyes. There was a bluish ring on the brown iris and some brown flecks on the blue. He couldn't understand how she was labeled a freak. She met his gaze with a tint of pink on her cheeks. Leaving her eyes, his own traveled down to her blue lace bra. They had pulled off their sweaters, blaming the heat, but it had nothing to do with the furnace.

One of his hands was on her thigh. Close enough to feel the heat of her core. The other was inside the blue lace cup. His eyes found her lips as his mouth closed in over them. Every response to his kiss or touch heightened his reaction. He wanted her.

Pulling away, he said, "We have two choices. I need to move away or we take this behind closed doors. If we do, I won't want to stop."

His pulsing desire pressed into her hip, and every time she squirmed, it threatened to lose its load. She lifted her head to meet his lips. Once again, he was on the edge.

His voice caught in his throat, thick with arousal. "Are you sure?"

"I don't want to let go."

She hadn't confided in him about her experience or lack of it. Maybe Rob was wrong. Either way, he would be slow and gentle. She followed him to the bedroom.