Rainy nights (Loki)

Night had fallen onto the realm in the sky. The one that was in control of the Nine Realms. The realm that her husband held so dear.

He was sleeping. His head on her chest. He was as peaceful as the night. Rain was falling. Everything was covered in droplets that reflected the tiniest bit of light it could find.

The sky was dark. Just like his hair, her hand was playing with it. It used to comfort him when he was insecure, anxious. Now it is a sign of love and affection. Her head rested on his while she looked outside.

She had left a window open for the  cold to come in. It was summer after all and the rooms in the palace could warm up easily. The little breeze made the curtains float. The smell of rain entered their room. It felt as if they laid down in the middle of the forest.

Green sheets covered their bodies. It was his signature colour after all. She hated it at first. The room was darker than the others in the castle. Only dark and green colours. Now it was their safe place.

While her gaze went to the moon lightning the realm she felt Loki shift in her embrace. She looked down at him. He let out a groan.
"You're awake my love", he mumbled half asleep.
"So are you", said she before planting a kiss on his head.

His arms held her in their embrace. He pulled her closer as he dug his head deeper in her chest. One of her hands kept stroking his hair. The other laid on his back.

"Is it still raining", he asked her.
"Yes, my sweet."
He got up and left her embrace. He leaned on his elbows and looked up at her. He took her leg and began to kiss it softly. She giggled and looked down at what he was doing.
"I never can get enough of that sight."
"Me worshipping your legs?"
She nodded. She held his face and brought him closer to hers.

He looked down on her. Love in her eyes. Oh what she made him feel.

He never ought himself capable of loving someone as much as he has loved her. The moment they got introduced by his mother, shivers sent down his spine. He got chills. He felt something stirr in his stomach. Something he never felt before.

He always believed he wasn't worthy of loving. After all he never got love from his father. Especially when compared to his brother. He believed that men weren't even allowed to love. They must be strong and rule their lands. Not get soft by a woman's heart.

She made him soft. When he met her she warmed his ice cold heart. She melted away the mask he was wearing. She melted his alter ego away. Loki never wanted to be cruel, cause pain and death. He wanted it all different. She made him different.

After Thor left to Midgard, declining the line to succession and the throne. Loki got what he craved. A chair as she likes to call it. An overrated chair to sit on although he often would give it some other glorious purposes as well...

Thor had left Asgard for the Avengers and a Midgardian maiden. Loki got the throne. But a king needed a queen, (y/n).

From the day he got announced to be the next king of Asgard Odin organised a party to celebrate. Everyone attended and so did (y/n). Her father was of status, she as well, but neither of them went there with the intentions to marry. They went there to share the prince's happiness and joy.

But Frigga had other plans. She let the two of them meet. A spark ignited and Loki felt love for the first time. She wasn't a girl trying to woo him for a throne. She never wanted to be queen. She wanted to give him love.

Loki's been on the throne for a while now. When they met, a little later they got married. A marriage not to create alliences or power. A marriage out of true love.

On this day they would show the realm how much they love each other: an heir.

Of course everyone was asking when the next heir would be born after their marriage. The couple didn't want a child made in rush and because they have to. They wanted it to be born when the time was right for them and for the realm.

Loki was afraid at first. It took some time for him to let himself be open for it. But when he saw her with his little baby nephew, who came on an unexpected visit, his heart melted and he knew it was time.

Now he was laying with his wife carrying, though it wasn't visible just yet, his child. His heir.

"You know little one, I'll make sure no harm comes to you. I'll be the father I never had for you, if you let me of course-"
"Loki, stop talking nonsense. Of course she'll let you. You're her father-"
"So it's a girl."
"Who said it was a boy?"
"I did. He'll be the greatest king there has ever been-"
"Greater than you? That's a first."
"Okay, no, I am the greatest king, but he will be my son and therefore the next greatest king."
"Of course Lokes", she smiled. He leaned down and kissed her passionately.