A false reality, only to lighten the pain (Loki)

"Jane? Why did you call me here", I asked her, worried.
"Actually we called you here Thor", Nick Fury spoke as he came out of his car.
"Look I don't know what you want from me. The Avengers- "
"Are in danger", Jane said.
"What do you mean?"
"Thor, where is (y/n)", Fury asked.
"After my brother's death she went in isolation. She doesn't want to speak to anyone, not even me. She mourns for my brother, her husband. I would appreciate it if you respected that."
"We have a feeling she might be doing something else then just mourning", Jane said carefully.

On "Asgard"

"Loki watch out", I shouted as Fenrir ran up to his dad to strike him from behind.
"Mom", he complained as he stopped and realised I had ruined his attack on his father.
"Hey I am not letting you attacking Loki!"
"Is my queen worried about me", Loki asked in a mocking way.
"It's only because I am worried about you that you have survived."

He rolled his eyes, asked Fenrir to hold his hand and follow him into the palace. Loki taught him about ruling and the duties of a king while I walked behind them, admiring the moment. I had never seen Loki so happy. His smile enchanted me every time. His voice was calming me down. His touch lightning my skin.

Fenrir was asked to join the military training. He nodded eagerly and kissed us goodbye before leaving with his guard. Loki's gaze went back to me. He walked closer. His eyes held love and passion as he took my hands in his.

"While he is off to training, I was wondering-"
"Yes?"
"If you would like to go to the theatre tonight. They expect me to go."
"Of course. I would love to."

He led me to our chambers. My hand tightly in his. The guards greeted us and we got let in. With his magic he made me a new gown. I gasped.
"It's beautiful."
"For my queen? Always."

Back on earth

"What are you talking about? (Y/n) loved my brother more than life itself, but she would never create a false reality through witchcraft!"
"Thor, look at this data we recovered. This isn't something little. This is real witchcraft", an agent spoke as he showed me some 'data'.

I sighed as I looked at his magical screen. (Y/n) would never do this. She loved my brother, but creating a false reality to bring him back? Use her powers the wrong way?

"I need a little moment", I spoke before leaving the room. Jane tried to follow me but was held by Fury.

I sat down outside on a bench. The sun shining on my face. She would never do this. She had sworn she would never abuse her powers. That's why mother was so eager to train them, to control them, to understand them.

Oh (y/n) what have you done?

"Mind if I join", Jane asked me as she came sitting beside me.
"Not at all", I said.
"Thor, the reason Fury brought you here is because he believes you're his only hope in stopping her."
"Why me?"
"They have found the borders of the land she is keeping hostage. It's quite big, but luckily there aren't people there. Whenever one of Fury's men tries to enter, they get casted out, cursed, some of them return dead. For an immortal it's impossible to enter-"
"So he wants to send me into her world in the hope that I won't die because I am a god."
"Yes", she said softly, almost terrified. I stood up.

"This is madness!"
"Thor please. If only I could do it myself, but I am no god. We need you. We need to safe her."

I sighed. Jane's right. (Y/n) needs to be saved. She needs to learn the painful truth that my brother is no more.

"When do we start?"

On "Asgard"

There was a tremendous applause for the actors on stage. Loki was overwhelmed by the play. He even stood up! The actors took their applause and left. Loki and I were invited for a little drink with the cast. The director was so honored to have us in the audience. He couldn't stop expressing his gratitude. Loki and he spoke about poetry.