Chapter 4

~°°~Every empty hole can be filled with the peace one derives from reading the Qur'an~°°~

Abuja, Nigeria.
9th January, 2022.
3: 54 pm.

It had been a week already, many things have happened, some were ecstatic while some were gloomy.

Imran returned to camp and their team (erudite team) the bomb disposal squad of seven people was posted to the square brigade camp, it was going to be a new camp because no team was ever posted there.

"Should we stop here?" Lieutenant Raymond whom they called Ray asked, he was driving the car. "No Lieutenant Ray, let's move a bit further" Sayf replied using his hand to cover the scorching sun above their heads. Ray just replied with a simple 'ok'.

"I see no reason why they posted us to such a place, no team has ever been posted here" Imran complained. "Captain IM, the town just keeps on expanding, and bombs just keep on exploding hence the army has to take measures before the people who move to places around here get blasted into thin air" Zanna being the one who always jokes around even when they are in danger, replied to Imran.

"Halt here" Sayf's voice came through and Ray being the one who was driving stopped the car at his order and also the other military car behind them stopped. Not because any of them was afraid of him, but because of how cold he was towards everyone, he doesn't allow people much into his life. He speaks to them but not as much even though their occupational relation made them his only friends.

They got off the car unloading the luggage they had.

They kept them aside and started building up the tents, it took them long enough before they finished setting up all the four tents, one being a little bigger than two and one being the smallest among them. Sayf stayed in the smallest tent, Imran, Ray & Jabir in the biggest one, Zanna & Hameed (being the trainee) in one and Aliyu & Abdul-Jalal in one.

Sayf allowed them to rest for few minutes before he later stepped out of his tent and called onto them.

"Erudite team" he shouted making everyone to step out from the tents. They lined up, saluted him and stood at attention, Imran stood behind him as the captain and the two faced the line of soldiers.

"Our responsibility and duty is to render safe procedures to improvised explosive devices and suspected I.E.D(s) and to also conduct post blast investigation of bombings. Seeing that you all know this and you're hardworking and committed to your duties, I hope you will continue with that. But to remind the forgetful, I will remind all of you of your duties" Sayf voiced as he stood with one of his hands behind his back while the other in his army trouser pocket.

"Lieutenant Raymond Joseph, Jabir Mustapha Saeed, Zanna Muhammad Saifullah and Abdul Jalal Sambo will be on patrol for the first week of our one month here. Lieutenant Zanna being the one providing bomb suit for the whole team Lieutenant Raymond and Jabir being the ones to approach and inspect suspected bombs and Lieutenant Abdul Jalal being the one to contact the rest of the team, most importantly the captain and I. Lieutenant Aliyu Mahmoud will be handling computer data and tracking devices from the control tent while Captain Imran Al-amin will be in charge of the health and safety of the recruited team as their military doctor and also the post blast investigation to recognise the producers of the explosives will be conducted by him" Sayf stated clearly standing with a straight posture.