Chapter 14

We haven't been in touch with Tauhida for a while now, let's see how she's doing.

~°°~Take a deep breath and let everything go~°°~

Wuse 2, Abuja, Nigeria.
19th January.
~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

"Keh Tauhida, wake up" She heard in her sleep and when she opened her eyes, she found Humaira's two big orbs staring right into hers. She smiled and shut her eyes before opening them again.

"When did you arrive?" Tauhida asked in her sleepy voice still laying on the bed. "I told you I was going to come early but I don't know what you're still doing in bed, have you even taken your bath?" Humaira asked Tauhida who was looking like a mess on the bed.

She was still in her nighties even though it was already noon, her hair has every strand of it entangled with the other because of how messy it was and her face held no makeup.

"Do I look like I did?" Tauhida asked back because of how obvious it was that she didn't take a bath. "I was just too sleepy okay? And you have to give me my rest, I had to get at least a day sleep after almost dying in the jungle" Tauhida complained, she was finding it difficult to believe she did experience such a horrifying situation.

If it was left for her brain, she would definitely take it as a dream and just move on with life but unfortunately her heart had to choose not to forget it, everything was visible and clear that she could recognise each tree and pebble in the camp, that is if it is possible.

"But we promised we will go, it wouldn't be nice if we didn't so get your a** off the bed or I get your head" Humaira said to Tauhida sitting on the bed beside her. She was referring to their islamic school classmate who was getting married but they don't have that best relationship with, they were going just for school life sake.

"I didn't promise anyone, you did. I usually get bored in such weddings Allah" Tauhida replied her.

"If you think so then we should leave it and go for the dinner tonight, it wouldn't be as bad as other events, that I'm sure. Just keep it in mind that you must go and we will have to go get a makeover" Humaira suggested hoping she'll agree.

"That sounds better but I won't cake myself up no matter what, the stress is not for me babe. Now if you'll allow me, I need to go back to sleep, you can join me kinji" Tauhida said adjusting her laying position and dragging the duvet to cover up her body properly.

"Just sleep, I'll rather watch a movie on my phone. Duk yinki dai by zuhr zaki tashi (no matter what, you'll be awake by zuhr" Humaira said also laying beside her, she brought out her phone and earpiece from her bag and got busy watching a marvel movie "black widow"

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~
3:35 pm

Tauhida was eating her lunch by the side of her bed while Humaira was getting ready to go get her makeover. No matter how many times Humaira tried, Tauhida refused to get one and said if Humaira insisted, she would definitely not go to the dinner at all.

Just at the moment, Rumaisa stepped in the room. "So you are now awake, you should try not to be lazy at times wallahi" Rumaisa said to Tauhida almost immediately after she entered the room.

"Why do you even care again?" Tauhida asked with a mouth filled with food. "I wanted to tell you something but I've decided against it just now" Rumaisa said turning towards the door of the room.

"Ah haba Adda Ruma mana" Tauhida said immediately to stop her from going out of the room which made both Rumaisa and Humaira to laugh. Unlike herself, Tauhida knew that Rumaisa always says meaningful things.