Chapter 32

~°°~Greater than a mountain made of gold~°°~

Cornerstone Specialist hospital, Wuse, Abuja, Nigeria.
17th March, 2022.
7:33am.
~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

"Masha Allah major, I think you'll be going back home today" The doctor stated after checking his condition. As of Tauhida, she was discharged after a day of being in the hospital, her condition wasn't that critical to have stayed longer.

That moment, Ruha and Tauhida were together with Sayf in his hospital room when the doctor came in for his round.

"Okay, thank you" Sayf replied. Truth be told, he himself knew he was fine enough to be discharged even though his wounds were yet to heal completely. "You're welcome, you'll come back in a week to get the wounds disinfected again and also get a new dosage of medicine because I can guess this one will finish by then" The doctor explained.

Sayf could only nod to what he said so the doctor continued with his statements. "I'll process your discharge now so you can get home, Allah's shifa" The doctor completed grinning from ear to ear. One thing Sayf noticed was that the doctor was trying to take advantage of his identity but he ignored it anyways.

Even though he had the intention of donating to the hospital, he doesn't want to give the man a single penny because he didn't look trustworthy.

"Thank you doctor" Ruha said before the doctor stepped out of the room with two of the nurses he came with.

Tauhida remained silent all the time because Ruha was present and no doubt the respect Tauhida had for the woman wouldn't let her talk just anyhow she wanted. Also because she had already started getting used to being silent, things that happen when you don't get to speak even when you want to.

"I'll go back home now, you two should wait until the discharge is processed. I'll send a driver to come pick you up" Ruha said picking up the food basket by the side of Sayf's bed.

"Let me help you with that Mami" Tauhida offered before collecting the basket from her hand, Ruha didn't even realise until it happened.

"Okay then, get home soon" Ruha said referring the former to Tauhida while the latter to Sayf. "Bye Mami" Sayf said as Ruha headed out of the door first. "I can't believe you're ditching me for her" Sayf said almost immediately after Ruha stepped out and Tauhida could swear she heard him.

"Sayf!!" Tauhida called in a warning tone before also dashing out of the room.

How a sick person can be so shameless was still a mystery unsolved to Tauhida. Tauhida escorted Ruha to the car where a driver was waiting for her and they drove away before Tauhida returned back into the hospital and to Sayf's room.

"You should try and smile more often" Sayf said when she came into the room and didn't utter a word to him but rather started packing their other stuffs getting ready to leave. "Says someone who spent years of his life without smiling once" Tauhida replied.

"I'm a guy, a soldier at that. If I keep smiling people will take me for a fool" Sayf chuckled. "That you are" Tauhida mumbled almost to Sayf's hearing. "You say?" Sayf asked. "I said how sweet" Tauhida quickly replied. "I can swear that was not what you said but never mind, beautiful ladies don't offend me" Sayf said making Tauhida to turn to look at him with a piercing gaze.