Chapter 37

~°°~The truth holds more than you can imagine~°°~

No location,
23rd March, 2022.
1:02pm
~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Were they racing? Like some teenage freaks? It just didn't make sense but they still kept doing it.

Imran felt like the other car was a competition to him, and I'm sure the opposite party Involved also felt the same. They had been racing and overtaking each other's car ever since they left the city of Abuja.

Even though they both knew it was risky to do that but they still went for it and Imran made sure to win because he was first to reach Bauchi and the car diverted into one of the driveways at the city which made it clear to Imran that it was the final destination of his racer while he continued his journey to Gombe state.

Call him childish, but he was glad about the tough, risky and weird competition. It is not always you get to see those kind of people on the road while traveling.

As much as Imran hated the idea of traveling that long distance in a car, he couldn't help it. He always traveled in a car when he is the one driving because he understood his fear for heights ever since the first time he got on a plane to carry out an operation in Spain.

Imran didn't attend a school abroad, and neither had he ever gone beyond the international borders in the name of tour or vacation which was why he got his fear for heights.

Ever since he realised he had those fears, he never tried to board a plane unless at times totally necessary. And whenever he does, he made sure to take sleeping pills that would last him the duration of the flight which he rarely does. So he preferred just driving as long as it was within the country's border.

It took Imran the required hours to reach the city of Gombe. Instead of getting a rest before starting a chaos, he decided to just be done with everything and quickly return back to Abuja. Within a day if possible.

The first place he went was to his first uncle's place. Even though it wasn't his daughter they were throwing at Imran, he knew for sure that he was behind whatever dump they were trying to put him in because whatever he said always goes even when their parents were alive.

"Ah Imran, what a surprise" Talib said stretching his hands out for a handshake, he was Imran's first cousin which means he was the eldest. "Yes indeed it is" Imran replied taking his hands for the handshake which they released in seconds. "Let me guess, you wouldn't visit my home even though you came around" Talib said.

"No that's not true, I just arrived at Gombe and this is the first place I came to. I wanted to spend a week here but I think I'll be here less than that so I'll surely visit" Imran replied, he knew what Talib was referring to because that wasn't the first time Imran went to Gombe and didn't visit his house.

Talib was a husband of two with five kids, four from his first wife while one from his second wife. From what Imran had calculated just by that conversation, he understood that he hadn't been to his house ever since his second born was just a day old.

"Okay I will be expecting you. I have to go now" Talib said before he flashed Imran one last smile and left.

Imran then moved himself into the house where he found most of the people of the family there, well except His uncle who was not home, Talib who just left and the three married daughters of the house.

"Assalamu Alaikum" Imran said and greeted all the elders in the room while the youngsters greeted him and he replied.

"Yaushe a gari?" His uncle's first wife asked. "Just now" Imran replied. "Oh then you should eat something, Dalila go get some food and water for him and keep them on the dining table" His uncle's first wife spoke again.