chapter 5

~°°~ My nameless love must have started when I realised you're the adorable sky ~°°~

Wuse 2, Abuja Nigeria.
10th January, 2022.
10:20 am

The blanket of darkness was unveiled as the sun showed its light and cast it to the darkness of dawn. The trees were still, as their leaves didn't move because of the wintry weather.

The family ate breakfast by 7:30 as usual and after that, Abba left for work, Rumaisa went out to some place which she had no idea where while Tauhida returned to her room and laid.

Maiyyi had travelled few days back to Bauchi and of course Imran was in camp. It was an extremely boring weekend for her, she couldn't remember the last time she had a weekend as dry as that particular one.

Tauhida sighed again for the umpteenth time before she heard the falsettos ringing of her phone. She groaned and involuntarily grabbed the phone from beneath her pillow, she frowned again when she saw who was calling, a number. If there was anything she hated, then it was getting a call from strangers, she preferred messaging.

She wanted to ignore the call but decided against it, she picked the call and placed it near her ears saying the taslim.

"Wa'alaikis salaam Amour" she heard a male voice chirp through the phone, she removed the phone from her ears to check the number again, maybe she can recall if she knows the number, but like always, she knows nothing.

"I'm sorry who's this?" She asked to make sure she doesn't know whoever was calling her. "Your love, I can't believe I'm finally talking to you" he seethed. "You're probably mistaking, wrong number" Tauhida said trying to end the conversation. "No I don't think I'm mistaking, am I not talking to Tauhida Al-amin?" He asked.

"Well you are" she confirmed. "Exactly, there was no way my heart will make a mistake of not recognising the voice of the person I love" he said and she couldn't help but roll her eyeballs, the audacity.

Seeing as he had no intention but to waste her time, she disconnected the call hissing at the phone, she immediately added the number to her block list. "I wish some people will gain sense somewhere someday" she sighed laying back on the bed.

Just then she heard another ring from her phone. "Not again Dan Allah" she frowned as she picked the phone to check who was calling, a smile crept her lips when she realised the caller, it was Humaira.

"Tauhida Al-amin Borodo, where the hell are you?" Humaira shouted even before they said the taslim. "Hasbunallah Humaira what did I do, you didn't even say the taslim" Tauhida complained.

"If I come there and find you ehn, na wuta sai yafiki jin daɗi (someone in hell will be happier than you). Why will I not be angry, you kept us all waiting, do you even know how many minutes you've wasted?" Humaira asked. "The day to finally get your head is here I'm telling you" she added.

"Tell me what I did first before all this complain" Tauhida said trying to understand what exactly she did which was wrong. "Didn't Adda Ruma inform you?" She asked. "No she didn't, about what?" Tauhida asked furrowing her brows in confusion.

"We are going out today, all of us to bring out the asoebi, we have been waiting. We wanted to go as early as 9 but look, it's 10:30 already because someone didn't show up" Humaira complained.

"Wallahi I had no idea, Adda Ruma probably forgot to inform me" Tauhida defended herself. "Whatever, we are waiting for you. If you do not come here before 11, you'll have to miss, ehe" Humaira informed and disconnected the call.

Tauhida smiled in excitement, the day was getting better already.

With the fear of getting late, she immediately stood up and changed into her besh (best), a purple abaya and rolled its veil protectively around her hair covering every strand of hair. She sprayed her perfume, applied kohl to her eyes, rubbed lip balm, carried the car key and went off.