Chapter 31

~°°~The last star up in the galaxy~°°~

Cornerstone Specialist hospital, Wuse, Abuja, Nigeria.
12th March, 2022.
7:30am.
~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~
It was that point of life when everything became gloomy once again in their lives. Both Tauhida and Sayf were admitted in the hospital because of how badly they were hurt. Sayf had to go through a surgery to remove the bullets before he was out of danger.

Back in Tauhida's hospital room, she laid unconsciously looking as pale as ever while Malika sat by her side.

"Sayf, Sayf....." Tauhida kept muttering while she was still unconscious. Malika did the needful of tapping her shoulders so she would wake up. "Tauhida" Malika called which worked because she opened her eyes in less than a second.

"How do you feel?" Malika asked Tauhida who was yet to decipher what was happening. She couldn't answer the question as she started to panick when reality hit her. "Should I get the doctor?" Malika asked again, she was also starting to get worried at how Tauhida was acting.

"Him momma, take me to him" Tauhida requested sitting up on the bed. She couldn't bring herself to say his name in front of an elderly woman, it would look shameless.

"No Tauhida, can't you see that you're on drip?" Malika stopped her and that's when Tauhida noticed the cannula placed in her hand. "Please Momma, please" Tauhida begged. Even though she knew she wasn't in a situation to go, she still wanted to.

"Okay but first, let me get a nurse to stop the drip" Malika said when she saw how desperate Tauhida was. "No it's fine, I'll just take it with me" Tauhida said before getting up on her feet.

If it was on normal days, she would have sat back due to the dizziness she felt but she fought it back by squeezing her eyes shut and opening it back. She dragged the IV pole close to her and held it tightly before Malika held her from the waist to help maintain her balance.

"Let's go" Malika said as they walked together out of the room while wheeling the IV pole with them. When they reached the intensive care unit room 9, Malika made Ruha to also excuse herself so the two will have a time on their own.

"We'll come back later" Ruha announced and with that, they exited the room.

Tauhida moved closer to where Sayf laid with two cannula's placed on two of his hands at the same time, through which blood passed into one hand and drip into the other.

It was a miracle that even after being shot twice, he did not slip into an uncontrollable situation. Even so, the doctors said it was because the bullets didn't hit any place that might be dangerous and neither was any artery nor vein struck by a bullet.

Tauhida didn't realise when she started shedding tears uncontrollably, she felt hurt and she didn't know why. She stretched her hands and took his while she used the other to cup his face.

"I don't know why my eyes are filled with tears when I should be happy I'm fine again and I also don't know why you decided to lose yourself while looking for me" Tauhida spoke, not that she cared if he was listening but she had to say out what she held in all that while.

"It is true that we didn't start off on a good point but just so you know, since I met you, I feel capable and I've achieved everything I wanted to achieve. Among them is making you mine" Tauhida sobbed.