Chapter 36

~°°~"Give it a try" whispered the heart~°°~

Gwarinpa, Abuja, Nigeria.

22nd March, 2022
2:00pm
~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

"What?" Tauhida asked involuntarily, Imran didn't even get to finish his sentence when she stopped him mid sentence. Well she had to, the news was not something she ever expected to hear, at least not that early.

"Yes Tauhida, but I'll be back in a week's time, for camp" Imran said trying to convince her. Tauhida though didn't like the idea of Imran going that far from her, as far as Gombe at that. "Must you go? you could just stay you know"

"They are coupling me up with one of our cousins, not sure which one though so I have to go and see if I can change things" Imran said. "You know can't possibly give up on Husnerh right? you mustn't, I won't let it happen" Tauhida said, as if she had a way to do anything about the matter. She knew for herself how authorative her uncles could be, exactly why they never had the best relationship even when her parents were alive.

"I don't intend to give up on her, exactly why I need to go and stop them" Imran said.

"If that's the case then you're free to go, I'll miss you though" Tauhida said. It was true that she would miss him because ever since she got married to Sayf, he wouldn't spend more than two days without making sure they meet. And now that he was leaving for a week or even more, it was only natural that she would miss him.

"Don't worry Tauhida, I'll be fine and you'll also be fine in my absence, I trust major to take care of you" Imran said as they finally walked out of the guest living room to where he parked his car. "Come back soon" Tauhida whispered as she hugged him before he entered his car and drove away.

Tauhida went back into the house afterwards.

She had no idea where Amani and Layla had went to and didn't bother to ask anyone because she thought maybe they went out to celebrate Amani's day, it was her birthday. As of Sayf, he left that morning in search of Aaliyah and munawwarah.

He had been going back and forth the police station ever since he logged a missing complaint and that day as they found a lead, he left early that morning to see if they would be able to find them.

Tauhida laid down on her bed, with no idea of what to do. She would have called her squad if she hadn't just before Imran visited her. The house suddenly felt boring to her with no one around to keep her company.

Reaching to a final decision of sleeping, Tauhida closed her eyes but opened it back when she heard a knock on the door followed by the sound of it being opened.

"Adda get up" Amani said dragging her by the hand. The three of them had become just like friends even though Tauhida was older than both of them.

"What's your deal?" Tauhida asked. "We went out to plait our hair earlier and now that we're back then we have to go for girls day out together, at least to celebrate my day" Amani said, turned out they didn't leave her out of their plans for the day.

"Let's suggest where we should go then" Tauhida said because there was no way she would deny the offer, she after all needed a way to escape from boredom.