Chapter 11

~°°~We all deserve the world~°°~

1st avenue, Gwarinpa, Abuja, Nigeria.
22nd January, 2022.
3:16 pm.

Laid on his bed, Alhaji Hakeem was thinking about nothing and everything. He decided to go back home as early as 3:00pm that day because he was feeling a bit off the hook. He was afraid that his blood pressure will shoot up if he continued to stress himself while managing his company.

He started feeling the hunger eating him up so he stood up to go ask for food from his wife Aaliyah, even though he could have asked someone else to do that but he couldn't remember the last time he stepped into her side with his own legs so he decided to go himself. He knew they haven't kept some food for him because he usually stays late in the office, but nevertheless, it was their duty as his wives to prepare food for him at anytime he asks for it.

He entered Aaliyah's parlour with a salaam but didn't get an answer so he moved closer to her room only to hear her words making him stop from proceeding.

"I've had enough of your father" Aaliyah said to her three children in her room. "I still don't know why you allow that old man to stop us from enjoying our lives, we could just kill him you know" Marwan said rolling his eyes.

"I agree, as soon as the man dies then who do you think the whole wealth will belong to?" Munawwarah questioned more like stated.

"My son of course, since Sayf is nowhere to be found, we could just also declare him dead but we can't get blood in our hands, it'll just make things spoilt for us" Aaliyah mentioned.

"Ok, why don't we visit a soothsayer, no one will have to know" Marwan said. Abbas was just listening to them without a word, whether they kill his father or not, he doesn't care.

"It's fixed then, let's all go together tomorrow, my friend Mariya will take us there" Aaliyah said and paused before she continued "I wouldn't have pushed it to this level if you showed me any love Hakeem, you caused this upon yourself. Me and my children will do just fine without you since we'll have your money"  she completed with a sigh.

Alhaji Hakeem felt like it was a dream. You know that kind of dream that seems to have originated from your real life, that was how he felt. His legs could hardly contain him as he found any movement hard for him. He somehow managed to move himself back to his side, that was the first time he cried again since after the day he lost his mother.

Yes, he had a family, a family he should have been proud of but unfortunately, they were his worst nightmare. He regretted ever marrying Aaliyah even though the worst he did was denying love to her.

He sat there in his room alone and thought about everything in his life for a while before what he was afraid of happened. He found difficulties in breathing and a throbbing headache and after a short while he lost consciousness.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

3:34 pm

"Amani, get the BP apparatus I am having a headache and I think it's the blood pressure thing" Ruha said to her daughter who was pressing her phone beside her. "Okay" Amani said and got on her feets to get the apparatus from her mother's wardrobe.

She got it and sat beside her to help her put it on, they tried turning on the apparatus but it wouldn't work.

"Just go and get your father's apparatus for me, I heard he's back from work so his room should be open" Ruha said again to her daughter and Amani immediately obeyed. On entering Alhaji Hakeem's room with a taslim, a gasp escaped Amani's lips as she broke down in tears due to the sight of her unconscious father.

She knelt beside him and touched him to see if he would move but he didn't which made her more startled and she immediately ran out to call her mother.

Few minutes later, she came back to the room together with her mother trailing behind her. Ruha already alerted Alhaji Hakeem's personal doctor and he assured that he was on his way.

Ruha somehow managed to help regain alhaji Hakeem's consciousness but he was still very weak as he laid on his bed. Not so long later, his doctor arrived and checked on him. He assured that he'll be fine after he finishes his medication and also get some sleep but Alhaji Hakeem couldn't sleep a bit in that situation. So he thought that was the right time to tell his family what he had decided.

He requested for his wife Ruha to call his lawyer home saying he had something very important to tell him. 

"I want my company to be transferred to Sayf's name. Even after my death, I don't want any of Aaliyah's children to inherit my wealth except Abdullah. Only Sayf, Amani and Laylah apart from him should inherit my wealth. My company should not be a part of the inheritance, because I've already gifted it to Sayf for Allah's sake" Hakeem explained to the lawyer who was sitting beside him.

"But why Hakeem, they all are your children so why would you choose to make such a decision" Ruha complained. Even though her children were not excluded, she still felt that he should give equal rights to his children, she wasn't selfish.

"Ruha, I know you'll question me but mind you, I had Allah in my mind when I made the decision, I wouldn't deprive some of my children of their rights without a solid reason. Those children you're trying to get rights for don't deserve your efforts, they don't even deserve to be my children" Hakeem said and exhaled deeply with great difficulty.

"And please don't ask my reason, I'll never take away with me the respect you have for them because when I'm gone, it'll be the only thing they'll have with them and nothing else" he said again as his eyes filled with tears. Not allowing them to flow down, he exhaled again.

"Alhaji Elnafaty, i've got the papers ready as you requested so you just have sign here" the lawyer stated showing him the spot to sign and he did. He then brought out a paper from underneath his pillow and handed it over to Ruha.

"Give this to Aaliyah, Ni Abdulhakeem Abubakar Elnafaty Na Saki Matata Aaliyah Zubair Elnafaty Saki uku (I, Abdulhakeem Abubakar Elnafaty have divorced my wife Aaliyah Zubair Elnafaty three times)" Hakeem voiced exactly what was written in the paper.

Ruha couldn't say anything, she was curious about why he suddenly decided to do such a thing and she wanted to know but who was she kidding, he wouldn't say it no matter how hard she tried. She just collected the paper and nodded her head.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

The next morning came by and a news shocked the whole country. Every news channel was broadcasting the news of the death of the multi billionaire business tycoon.

Each of them read a different headline which included "The death of Alhaji Hakeem Elnafaty" "The owner of the Elnafaty group of companies died this morning" "Nigeria lost yet another multi billionaire" "The family of Alhaji Hakeem Elnafaty mourn to the death of their backbone, the owner of Elnafaty group of companies" "Alhaji Hakeem Elnafaty, the owner of Elnafaty group of companies died at 62" "Who do you think will be the next owner of Elnafaty group of companies?"  and many more. The whole news world was about his death.

Ruha was the one who found his dead body first and she couldn't help but cry. She had many things to achieve with him, she had dreams she wanted to fulfill with him and she had questions she needed answer for from him but he left and that too forever.

The doctors confirmed that his blood pressure shoot up resulting to a cardiac arrest and because no one was there to help him, he passed away.

The few people in the family who wanted nothing but his death were happy but had to put on a facade so as not to spoil the chances of having his wealth under their control. They were glad that they were saved the trouble of having to visit the soothsayer, at least they didn't commit a sin or so they thought.

Indeed, Alhaji Hakeem left a huge amount of wealth behind, an amount that could change thousands of lives without finishing.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~
Lots of love,

Deedi--❤️