Chapter 17

°~I put our records on and wait till I hear our song~°°~

Gwarinpa, Abuja, Nigeria.

16th February, 2022.
2:37 pm.
~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

There's a million reasons why Sayf should let his stepmother and siblings go but he constantly decided against it. Not because they don't deserve to be punished but because he doesn't want to make the mistake of letting anyone he cherished move away from his sight.

No matter what they did, he still thought they deserved a chance, especially because he saw how his stepmother cried the previous day, it showed that she was regretting what she ever did in life.

It was his second day back at home and he hoped that it turns out great unlike the previous day.

The family were having lunch there in the main dining room, something they haven't done in like forever, even when Alhaji Hakeem was alive. Sayf made them all agree to it, they cooked in the same kitchen and served the same type of food to everyone except of course Aaliyah and her children; Abdullah excluded.

"Ya Sayf do you have a girlfriend?" Layla asked halfway their meal. "No I don't Layla" Sayf replied her silly question.

"You should know Laylee, judging from what happened two years back" Amani also commented, she calls Layla that name because they get along very well with her unlike others. The meaning of Laylee is "my night".

"Yeah you're right, I shouldn't have asked" Layla said whispering the latter part of her sentence.

No one said a word again as they continued dining until they heard Ruha and Malika's name being shouted from just a distance. All of them in the dining room stepped out to check on what was going on.

Aaliyah was creating a scene as usual but they were all surprised that one time, as she looked like she regretted what she had ever done.

"What's with the surprised face? Oh you all thought I would just sit and watch you people cheat my children and do nothing about it. Toh for your information, nothing has changed except for the little that added to my strong will. We are leaving the house for you, not tomorrow not later, now. But don't ever mistake it as over, you should expect me to be back to make sure I revenge on the disgrace you caused on me and my children. I can't let you all go free after how you laughed at me while I'm helpless. You all will pay for the pain Hakeem and you caused upon me and my children" Aaliyah said and that was when they noticed Munawwarah, Abbas and Marwan inside a car, ready to leave.

"Don't do this Aaliyah, we could just sit and talk it out" Ruha said even though she knew it was 99% possible that Aaliyah won't listen to her. "Karki fara (don't start), I am done listening to your stupid advises. Abdullah come here let's go" Aaliyah replied gesturing for her last trail of gene in the house.

"No momma, I don't want to leave" Abdullah replied her as tears rolled down his eyes. He was little so it hurt him to see how his mother was acting despite the fact that he lost his father just few weeks back.

"Abdullahi karka ɓata mun rai (don't make me angry)" Aaliyah shouted at him which made him flinch. Sayf who was quietly watching from where he stood and already realised he had to let them go.