Chapter 40: The Devil Sleeps Over

Do or do not, there is no try

-Master Yoda-

Location: Japan, Occult Research Club

Hunter Westerdyk

I sat down in the middle of the Club, all of the Girls around me looking at me in dissapointment. "Seriously, I swear I will never understand your Perversion Hunter" Rias said, "I'm not a Pervert!" I protested, "It's not perverted, He was just trying to make a baby with me It's a beautiful thing" Xenovia said, "I was not! you were trying to Force me!" I shouted. "This looks like a good time" I turned around and saw a White Glow from a Magic Circle. As Sirzechs and Grayfia appeared. "Is there some sort of event going on?" Sirzechs asked, "What are you doing here?" Rias asked, "Sirzechs" I said evenly, "Hunter, I trust you are well?" Sirzechs asked, I looked to the side as I realized only myself, Rias and Rin still stood, everyone else was kneeling. "I'm good, but why are you here?" I asked, "Just some minor private buisness matters" Sirzechs said. "What Private buisness?" Rias asked, Xenovia stepped forward, "It's very good to meet you, I've heard so much, I'm Xenovia" She said. "Pleasure to meet you Xenovia, I didn't believe my ears at first when I heard the Durandal user had joined my sister. What a beautiful and intelligent decsision you've made" Sirzechs said. "I do wonder if I didn't think over my decision to become a Devil long enough. I still sometimes regret what I did. I mean, what was it that made me want to change in the first place? Was I just desperate? Did I have a choice or?" Sirzechs laughed, "it's nice that their are those in my sisters family that make her laugh. Xenovia I would like to ask you to support the house of Gremory as part of Rias' Family" "I guess I have no choice if the Devil king commands it so. I promise to do my very best sir. It will be an honor and a pleasure." Xenovia said. Sirzechs smiled, "Thank you" Rias stepped forward. "And you have yet to tell me what your doing here exactly." Rias said. "You honestly don't know? Isn't it almost time for open house?" Sirzechs said. Rias' eye's widened in surprise, "What? no way you can't!" She said. "If you mean that I can't wait to see my little sister in action at school. then your absolutly right" Sirzechs said. "Was it you Grayfia? did you tell him? Be honest!" Rias said angrily. "Oh, I almost forgot. Father will be here too" Sirzechs said. "You can't just leave like that. You have work to do. Your the devil king you have responsibilities." Rias said. "No actually this counts as work to" Sirzechs said, "Your school seems like it would be a lovely place. We were thinking we might want to hold the leaders summit their" Sirzechs said. We all gasped in surprise, some more then others {Rias I'm looking at you}. "Of all the places are you serious?" Rias said. 

Timeskip:

Rin and I watched as Sirzechs and my Parents looked at one another. "I'm glad to hear my little sister hasn't inconvenienced you" Sirzechs said. "Oh no, Rias is such a lovely Lady. Clean, eats her vegies, lovely." My mom said. "Oh yes she's such a lovely young lady. But I honestly don't know why she spends so much time around Hunter" My dad said. I sighed, "Most people would be worried about the Devil king being in their house" I whispered. "It's not like he know's he's the Devil King" Rin whispered back. I shrugged, "Honestly, If my dad knew, I doubt that would change much, He's a kind and brave person. I dread to think what will happen when I turn them into Immortals" I whispered, Rin looked at me surprised but I held up a hand, "Later" Rias looked at me, "Hunter, What were you thinking, why did you say he could stay at your house? I thought you hated him" Rias said, I shook my head, "I was just being Kind, he did say he was going to find a hotel tomorrow, and besides, Zekrom and I don't hold grudges well." 'Damn right' Rias sighed, "Oh, so humiliating" I blinked, 'That's humiliating?'

Timeskip:

"What? you can't be serious!" Rias said in surprise, "Are you trying to tell me I can't sleep with Hunter?" Rias stood in my doorway in sorrow as Sirzechs denied her the gift of using me like a pillow. Spreading his arms Sirzechs said, "Sorry but I'd like to talk with him as I fall asleep tonight. Surely I can borrow him for just one evening" I sighed, 'So her own brother doesn't care about the fact we sleep together? unbelieveable but very benifical... for me' Rias hugged me "Rias?" I said in surprise, "Tell me you'll be okay do you even think you can fall asleep all by yourself? Can you ever survive without me by your side? Because I don't think I'll get a wink of sleep without you there" Rias said. I sweatdropped, 'Being kinda dramatic aren't ya Rias?' 'Agreed' "Come now my lady" Rias turned her head to look at Grayfia, "It's time for us to go" She said. Rias stopped the hug, "Yes, I'm coming, thank you Grayfia" Rias said as Grayfia took her hand. "Rest well gentleman" Grayfia said with a bow. "Good night ladies" I said, "Good night Hunter, and sweet dreams" Rias said, her voice filled with sadness, "Yeah... sweet dreams" I said, "Hunter" I looked at Rin who stood in the doorway, "Unfortunately I will also be sleeping in my own room tonight" I sighed, 'So dramatic' "Yeah, okay" I said "Goodnight Rin" I said. Rin smiled, "And good night to you Hunter!" She said before walking to her room. 'Jesus, {Ow!} why do I feel so guilty?'

Timeskip:

I layed in silence as I stared at my ceiling, before turning my head to look at Sirzechs who slept on a spare matress on the floor. "Sorry" I said. "For what?" Sirzechs asked, "For making a guest sleep in a place like this" I said. Sirzechs laughed lightly, "Actually I'd like to thank you." I frowned in confusion, "In our world It's unthinkable to be treated as a normal guest in a home. I'm enjoying the change. Thank you, you've been a wonderful host" Sirzechs said, I shrugged, 'ahh The classic, I'm so rich and famous that I'm never treated as a normal person, or devil for that matter.' "I actually feel more comfortable here then I would in a hotel" He said. "Also, I don't think I've ever seen Rias have so much fun. Even in Hades. It's all thanks to you" Sirzechs continued. I chuckled, "Eh, I haven't done much, If anything I should be thanking her, or God forbid, Ouch, the Fallen that killed me. Strangely Enough Me dying was the best thing that ever happened to me" I said. "Hunter", "Yeah?", Sirzechs looked at me, "I'm counting on you to take care of Rias for me." I nodded, "Sure thing, I'm her friend and I'll be with her to the end." I said, rhyming. "I appreciate that, also I never asked but is it okay If I call you Hunter?" Sirzechs said, I nodded, "Yeah, I'm aussie so it's weird to be called by anything else". "All right then Hunter. It's only fair that I ask you to call me by my name to. You're also welcome to call me big brother" I shook my head, "Sure thing, Honestly If you want to go down that road I'd prefer to call you Mate but I've been calling you Sirzechs for quite a while, It'll take some time to adjust" I said. "Let's go with that then" Sirzechs said, "oh and by the way, my sources tell me you've met Azazel" Sirzechs said. I nodded, "Yeah, my guess is he might be after some Deep Black Action." Sirzechs sat up and I did as well, his face was serious. "You might be right, He does seem to be very interested in the Sacred Gears as of late. But he's not a war lover like Kokabiel. Besides in the previous war the Fallen Angels were the first side to withdraw. It has been said Azazel punished Kokabiel by freezing him solid" Sirzechs said. "So what's he want with me? You don't think he want's me to serve him do you?" I asked, Sirzechs smiled, "He won't do that, I promise you have nothing to worry about" I smiled back, "Thanks for that", "Sure, it's not every day that a Legendary Dragon joins the ranks of the Devils. And their something else I wanted to ask you" Sirzechs said. "I heard you saying you wanted to make your family Immortal, may I ask why you used that phrasing?" I blinked before sighing. "That's because I want all options before them. I don't want to force them to become Devils, but I don't want them to die either, not without knowing what I am. So I want to try to find way's to turn them into whatever species they want to be, weather it be Devil, Angel or even Dragon." Sirzechs smiled and layed down, "That will be difficult, but prehaps not impossible, How about this, I'll look into it for you." I smiled saying, "That'll be great thank's man, I owe you one" With those final words we layed down and fell asleep. 

Timeskip:

I looked around as I walked down the street alone. Stopping infront of Kuoh academy Rias had gone with Sirzechs and Grayfia to show them around. And Rin had gone to check in on Xenovia. I sighed, 'So here I am, Walking alone to school because my Motorbike need's repairs. The sooner this world discover's Magic, the Better' 'Hunter' I looked up at Zekrom's words and I frowned, "Who's that?" I asked myself, looking at the white haired devil that leaned next to the enterance of the School. 

"You don't remember? This is the second time we've met here" He said, "It is?" I asked

"You don't remember? This is the second time we've met here" He said, "It is?" I asked. "You're Hunter Westerdyk, The Black One or The Black Dragon Emperor." I narrowed my eye's, His Aura was powerful, The only other Time's I had felt an Aura, who's power had leaked into his very presence and aura, were Kokabiel, Grayfia, Sirzechs, Azazel and the White Dragon Emperor. "My name is Vali, White Dragon Emperor. But you can call me the Vanishing Dragon"