Chapter 75: Awakened Curse

Never forget who you want to become

-Shoto Todoroki, Son of Endeavor-

Location: Japan, Kuoh Academy

Hunter Westerdyk

"Left-Right, Left-Right, Left-Right" Issei and I chanted in unison as we jogged down the track. We were training for the sports carnival, and much to my disdain I was being forced to attend, at least, that's what everyone else thought. In reality, I was going to take a trip to the forest on the day of the festival and 'get lost' for the day. 

I had a 10-year flawless record of not attending any carnival, swimming, sport, or athletics, I wasn't breaking it now.

"Nicely done, looking good," Issei said, before slowing down, "Now let's take a break," He said panting slightly, I rolled my eyes, but nodded all the same. "Hey kid" turning my head I saw Azazel standing there, inviting me over to speak with him.

When I got over to him he laid down on the grass, and I just sat down beside him. "It's days like this that really help remind you what's worth fighting for," Azazel said, raising an eyebrow I said, "I thought you were a hardcore pervert.", "Well of course there's that two. But that's not the point, While you were out I had an interesting conversation with your little buddy living inside you" Azazel said, I frowned, "Zekrom? What for?" I asked, Azazel sighed, "About your evolution. The eruption of power you experienced, It's not all good. Ponitus gears hold several advantages over Longinus, but it's a double-edged sword. I'm sure you already knew this, but Juggernaut drive feeds off the user's life force to activate and use" I blinked, glancing in Issei's direction, "No, I didn't, so Issei's been sacrificing his own life force to transform into Juggernaut drive?"  I asked worriedly, Azazel chuckled, "Well, yes and no. The life forces of Devil, Angel, and Fallen Angel are all unique, so each one reacts to Juggernaut Drive differently. Issei hasn't been sacrificing his life span, but rather his life force. They're different in a way since Life force is recoverable by resting, much like stamina, it can also be increased, but your life span is much more difficult to replenish, luckily as a Fallen he's practically immortal, so he's not in any danger unless he overuses his Juggernaut Drive" I sighed, "But, it would seem Evolution is a whole different thing" Azazel said ominously. Looking at Azazel I asked, "What does Evolution use?", Azazel sighed, "While Evolution can be activated through intense emotion or severe danger, it feeds off one's Aura, or their species if you will. When you used Evolution, your Devil DNA began to shrink, as your Dragon DNA began to expand, the longer and more often you use Evolution, the faster you'll be turned into a dragon, you may even start changing without using Evolution, and if you become a dragon completely, there will be no turning back, and you may lose all memories of your past and all emotions tied to those memories..." Azazel trailed off, and my eyes widened, "Swear to me, you can't tell a soul, If I become a Dragon then so be it, but until then you can't tell anyone, I don't want them worrying about me" Azazel nodded, and shortly after, left.

As I readied to tie my leg to Issei again, I realized that I had forgotten the stopwatch. "We left the stopwatch in the clubroom. Let's just go get it" I said annoyed, and Issei shrugged in response. Together we jogged to the Club, as we did I saw Koneko, "Yo, Koneko!" I called in greeting as I stopped next to her. "Hey Hunter," Koneko said happily. 

"I came to pick up gaspy and take him to the bread-eating race" Koneko explained as we entered the club. Issei chuckled, "That little dude's going to explode", I smirked but as I looked ahead that smirk fell off my face in an instant. "Gasper!" I shouted, running to the unconscious form of Gasper in front of the clubroom's entrance. "Gasper!" "Gaspy!" Issei and Koneko said in shock as they ran to my side. Picking him up I asked, "What happened to you?", "Hunter, Issei, thank goodness, it's you isn't it? The real you?" I frowned at Gasper's words, "What? the real me?" I asked in confusion. "I can smell them," Koneko said, my jaw clenched as I sensed 4 aura's in the clubroom, Rias', Asia's and 2 aura's I had never felt before. Kicking the door open we gasped as I saw a scene straight from my nightmares.