8

Riley

All through dance practice I'm finding it really hard to focus on mine and James' routine all that's running through my mind is what James is gonna tell me later.

Dance practice seemed to go on what felt like forever but it's finally time to hear what James has to say. We agreed to go to Parkour Alley since it's usually quiet and no one we know are ever there.
We found a space underneath a tree away from everybody and both took a seat sitting side by side watching the sunset.
I kept quiet waiting for James to gain the courage to start talking.

"How do I even start" James whispers while putting his head in his hands, I put my hand on his shoulder for reassurance resulting in James putting his on top of mine.
"Just say it however you want, I've got time" I say quietly,
James continues
"Beth and I was in a relationship but she did something unforgivable so I broke up with her but Beth wouldn't let me leave" James starts to explain

I sit silently keeping eye contact to let him know I'm listening to every word he has to say.
"Beth sent me a message the night we broke up threatening to hurt Piper if I wouldn't meet her so obviously I went to go see what she wanted and that's when Beth came up with this deal"

"I'm sorry James I didn't realise Beth was this nasty, what did she do to you?" I question keeping my voice low
James sighs looking to the floor breaking our eye contact whilst also taking his hand off mine

"We were at a party after we first got together and Beth drugged me, she wanted to sleep with me but I wanted to wait, I found out in the middle of an argument we had the night I broke up with her but no one knows this, not a single person other then me you and Beth"

I hugged James from behind whispering in his ear "you aren't alone James, I'm so sorry this has happened to you"
he continued
"that's when Beth threatened to do the same thing with Piper so I met up with Beth and that's when she said about the deal, Beth said that we didn't have to be get back together but we had to pretend we was in front of everybody so no one would know what she had done which is why I have to act the way I do with her"

My arms still wrapped round James I start to shake my head scoffing
"she made this deal to protect her image" I said making James nod his head while turning his whole body to face mine

"I promise I didn't lie to you Riley, I hate Beth with every bone in my body and I hate myself more for even agreeing to this stupid deal! It's been going on for 7 months now and it's just gotten out of hand" James says getting angry at himself I grab hold of his hands to try and calm him down which seems to help a little.

"I just want you Riley I've never felt like this with anyone.. I'm just stuck" he continued making me smile

"I want you too James, speak to Beth and call this whole thing off, I'm not going anywhere but for us to start getting to know each other Beth needs to be out of the picture" I replied

James nodded before pulling me into a hug and thanking me for sitting and listening to him.