41

James

I dropped Shelby off at her house and made my way home, it didn't take me long to get back since it's only a 10 minute drive in between. I make a bee line for my bedroom but Piper stands in front of me stopping me from doing so.

"Can you move?" I mutter trying to get past "No, I want to talk to you" Piper says sternly "What now Piper?" I ask "I might be your younger sister but I'm not stupid, I know you're only messing around with Shelby to get to Riley" Piper shouts making me shake my head "See Piper that's where you're wrong" I softly say gently pushing her to the side so I could get past her.

The last thing I needed was a lecture since I already had one from Shelby at The Next Step, she caught me staring at Riley and I'm pretty sure it was written all over my face how I felt about her. I lied to Shelby about everything of course, if I told her the truth I'm pretty sure she's run for the hills.

All Shelby knows is me and Riley normally do duets together and I felt bad for ruining that, Shelby had no idea about my history with Riley or Beth and if I can help it she never will. I also told her that for the last 2 years I've been single which is also a big lie.

I've known Shelby pretty much my entire life however the reason she doesn't know I'm lying is because I've had 2 accounts for everything, one for my friends and family over here and another for my friends from the past just incase I need any of them.

The whole reason I'm doing this with Shelby is because I know Riley will be jealous of her or at least I hope she will be. Maybe then Riley will come over and talk to me so then I can fix this but for some reason it's doing the opposite.

It seems Riley doesn't care at all..

It's like Riley is perfectly happy on her own and she just doesn't care about what I'm doing with my life, I mean it's only been a month since we broke up so I assumed it would hurt her enough to come back.

I've got a bad feeling that this will only push Riley further away but I've started this now and I've got no idea how to end this.

I don't actually know if I could end this..

Shelby is the sweetest girl I know and I feel bad for dragging her into this mess but I didn't know what else to do. I somehow managed her to move closer to me so we can go to school and The Next Step together and I honestly have no idea what she'll do once she finds out I've just used her.

I know I should of probably told Riley the way I felt but she didn't want to talk to me or at least I didn't think she did. To be honest I couldn't even face Riley especially when she's looking so happy, sometimes even more happy then she ever looked with me.

The longer I'm away from Riley the more I need her.. she was the best thing to ever happen to me and I wish I had seen that sooner.. I really hope I can somehow fix this mess I've made but I think I've just made it worse instead.