10

Riley

Last night was one of the best nights of my life so far. It felt like we were the only people around and that nothing else mattered.
I look over at James as he drives us to school and can't help but to smile and admire everything about him he catches me staring at him making me blush looking away.

As we arrive at school I notice everybody staring and talking about us
"ugh they're acting like we're some freak show"
James mutters while giving a disapproving look making me laugh at him.

"Let's give them something to stare at then" I say with a playful smile on my face making James put his arm around me as we head towards class.

The entire day everyone's been really off with me I've been receiving dirty looks left right and centre including Maisie, today she's been really off and I'm not sure if it's to do with James or other issues but she won't really talk to me.

When we arrive at the next step Miss Kate announces that we'll all be performing our routines in front of B Troupe making me and James exchange a look.
B Troupe walk in just after Miss Kate finished talking and I couldn't help but notice the death glare I was getting from Beth but James held my hand making me feeling better.

It is finally our turn to do the duet and as we're in our starting position Beth starts turning to the people beside her no doubt she's talking shit.

Once our routine finished we noticed everyone was smiling and clapping apart from one person.. Beth was stood there arms folded with a scowl across her face.

"Wow you guys! The chemistry between you both is insane" Miss Kate said excitedly while clasping her hands together making James wrap his arms around me and giving my forehead a little kiss.

Once Beth realised she couldn't intimidate us she huffed and stormed off making me chuckle.

--

The trio was the next routine so I decided to stay in the same spot while I waited for Thalia and Michelle to join me.

Once again our routine was a hit with everybody I couldn't be more proud of A Troupe right now every single one of us has got a solid routine ready for regionals in a few weeks time.

Getting home this evening I thought nothing can ruin how good I feel but how wrong was I. Maisie sent me a text asking
'is it true?'
With furrowed eyebrows I ask her
'is what true?'

My stomach starts to turn as I read Maisie's reply
'the rumour going round about you and James, is that true?'
I ask her
'what rumour'
and my heart sinks when she finally replied

'James cheated on Beth with you'
I obviously denied this since it wasn't true.

I called James asking if he's heard about this and he said he had it's all over social media, Beth is trying to ruin both of our reputations by spreading these silly rumours.

I can only hope that this is the end and she finds someone or something else to turn her useless attention too.